• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airman closed until further notice..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did something dumb like that yesterday, taxiing an RG to the runup area. Usually just a smidget of power is enough to get the thing rolling, and when I couldn't power it out of there I looked out and saw the chocks still on the left wheel. What can I say, I'm more used to tiedowns! ;)

As for stories at Airman, I don't have too many, but during my private my CFI would fly along the river about 50 ft off the water (only when we had a plane with small N-numbers). I wondered if he might he looking for fishing spots.

Same CFI pulled a barrel roll on me at night while doing unusual attitudes in the 152. Fun, but not something I'd try to duplicate.

On my private cross-country, I lost a VFR chart and several navlog pages out the window on short final into Ardmore. Oh well. Taught me to be more organized.

MFR

flying adventures

MFRskyknight said:
I did something dumb like that yesterday, taxiing an RG to the runup area. Usually just a smidget of power is enough to get the thing rolling, and when I couldn't power it out of there I looked out and saw the chocks still on the left wheel. What can I say, I'm more used to tiedowns! ;)

As for stories at Airman, I don't have too many, but during my private my CFI would fly along the river about 50 ft off the water (only when we had a plane with small N-numbers). I wondered if he might he looking for fishing spots.

Same CFI pulled a barrel roll on me at night while doing unusual attitudes in the 152. Fun, but not something I'd try to duplicate.

On my private cross-country, I lost a VFR chart and several navlog pages out the window on short final into Ardmore. Oh well. Taught me to be more organized.

MFR
I did forgot to remove the chalks to at air one in 4891J. I was going to take my parents up for their first flight with me, As i added more power to taxi to 17L my dad said that he saw that I forgot to remove the chalk.

MFRskyknight said:

MFR

I've just got to hear the details on this one...

-mini

I was there in late 2000 for about 4 weeks that place was a $h!t box of a flight school...I saw a Dutchess CFI try to hand prop the left engine, which is no big deal but she was throwing the prop up and herself into the prop...luckly it did not start.

The best part about that entire place was the guy who ran the pilot shop, John I think, he was the best part about that place.

Oh, and being able to take all written tests for free, that was good too.

MFRskyknight said:
It was a hot day! :D

MFR

And for a while I thought it had to do with Airman's super 152s...I'll never forget the air vents coming out passing 40 knots on the takeoff roll...and just as my CFI picks them up, his window pops open bwahahaha

Lots of good times at Airman...:rolleyes:

-mini

minitour said:
And for a while I thought it had to do with Airman's super 152s...I'll never forget the air vents coming out passing 40 knots on the takeoff roll...and just as my CFI picks them up, his window pops open bwahahaha

Lots of good times at Airman...:rolleyes:

-mini

Or the OAT gauge falling out during left steep turns and rolling around down on the floor. I'm sure it would have made my day to have that bad boy get caught under the rudder pedals. ;)

MFR

MFRskyknight said:
Or the OAT gauge falling out during left steep turns and rolling around down on the floor. I'm sure it would have made my day to have that bad boy get caught under the rudder pedals. ;)

MFR

Or when the ADF just was fixed and returned to service...holding over the NDB in actual at westheimer and having the ADF go crappers...that was nice.

Gotta love the Airman mx philosophy "why fix it now, when we can just not fix it later"...good times.

I'm sure we've got more...067's alleged engine...enough said...hahaha

-mini

minitour said:
Or when the ADF just was fixed and returned to service...holding over the NDB in actual at westheimer and having the ADF go crappers...that was nice.

Gotta love the Airman mx philosophy "why fix it now, when we can just not fix it later"...good times.

I'm sure we've got more...067's alleged engine...enough said...hahaha

-mini

:beer: to surviving Airman!

MFR

Latest resources

Back