• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airman closed until further notice..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope to never stay another day at any days inn (Airman Barracks) in Norman or any place else! The Airman lady that drove the van to the days inn was never on time and always seemed to have an attitude problem.

I think my next adventures will be to Sheble's in Henderson, NV/Kingman, AZ. It's Cheaper to fly my girls in to Vegas anyway! Oh the flight instructors at Airman got a kick out of it when I flew one of my 18 year old girls in from Portland to keep me company hehehe! I tried to hook them up but they did not make enough money!! The girls in Norman were so stuck up I had to fly my own in! The look on brenda's face when I told her that priceless!

I met & flew with a lot of interesting people, I flew my own 150 to Airman to fly on days off, time build with other students, or on days airplanes were broken. Scariest Flight was when I went up with this Nigerian girl from airman "Yup" we will just leave it at I have never been scared in an airplane before!

Anyway, I Got a Smoking Deal At Airman $5,300 For My Instrument & Commercial, Unlimited Aircraft Time & Instructor Time. I also lucked out & finished 1 Week befor they closed!

I made the best of my 2 trips there because when aviation & the adventures it takes you on becomes no more fun why do it right!

Now I Hope To Meet My Goal Of 500 Hours Befor December 14th This Year!

Steven L. Rhine
CP-ASEL-IA
N7676U 1976 C-150M

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

MFRskyknight said:
I did something dumb like that yesterday, taxiing an RG to the runup area. Usually just a smidget of power is enough to get the thing rolling, and when I couldn't power it out of there I looked out and saw the chocks still on the left wheel. What can I say, I'm more used to tiedowns! ;)

As for stories at Airman, I don't have too many, but during my private my CFI would fly along the river about 50 ft off the water (only when we had a plane with small N-numbers). I wondered if he might he looking for fishing spots.

Same CFI pulled a barrel roll on me at night while doing unusual attitudes in the 152. Fun, but not something I'd try to duplicate.

On my private cross-country, I lost a VFR chart and several navlog pages out the window on short final into Ardmore. Oh well. Taught me to be more organized.

MFR

Letme Guess, Humm Felps Or Snowball?

NW Pilot I glad that you finished before airman closed. Today I saw that there was an auction at airman. It looks like they are trying to sell all of their stuff.

I know if I was MFR or any other student that got ripped off by airman first thing I would have done was hop in an airplane that was registered to them and fly it away! Run the thing until my bank account was dry and leave it some place! But I pay for my training in a secure way It's called credit cards something with fraud protection!

Steven Rhine
CP-ASEL-IA
CFI, AMEL, ATP Student

phantomdriver said:
How is your flight training going at air one??

It's going... got a complex endorsement knocked out in the RG, which is something I wouldn't have done at Airman during the instrument course, so I can log PIC in that now. Thinking about heading to Addison or somewhere down near Dallas for the IFR cross-country. Unfortunately, this ain't coming cheap, so I'm on the bench for now while I drag in some more cash (working 14 hour days, stealing Cadillacs, etc). By next week their 152 should be up with a Garmin 430, so I'll stick around and learn some GPS approach stuff while I'm at it for a bit cheaper. Lucky for me I've only got about 5 hours or so till checkride, thought I could have aced it so many hours ago.

I hate Airman with all my guts.

MFR

MFRskyknight said:
It's going... got a complex endorsement knocked out in the RG, which is something I wouldn't have done at Airman during the instrument course, so I can log PIC in that now.

Actually you could have and should have logged PIC in it from the get go...at least while sole manipulator.

You've got a Private Pilot Airplane Single Engine Land certificate(rating), correct?

Complex/High Performance isn't a rating. You're good to go. Now acting as PIC on the other hand...

-mini

minitour said:
Actually you could have and should have logged PIC in it from the get go...at least while sole manipulator.

You've got a Private Pilot Airplane Single Engine Land certificate(rating), correct?

Complex/High Performance isn't a rating. You're good to go. Now acting as PIC on the other hand...

-mini

Hmm... how does the "endorsement" fit into all this? As in, what changes with respect to logging/acting PIC after receiving the signoff?

MFR

Latest resources

Back