Airlining to and from work

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

C425Driver

Just wondering how frac pilot's experiences have been airlining to or from your duty assignments after the terrorist bust in Great Britain. Any problems keeping your toothpaste and shaving cream from the TSA? I go back to work in a few days and was trying to get an idea of what to expect.

Thanks,

C425Driver

I've airlined 3 legs since the UK issue - and we must check our bag if it has any liquid or gel - so DOP kits certainly qualify. I do see the airline crews with their normal bags past the security point however. I'm trying to figure out how to equip my DOP kit with non-liquid, non-gell stuff! Let's see - powdered tooth powder, stick deoderant, no after shave, foamy shaving cream, and use hotel shampoo?

I have the same question... Are "we" 91K corp. guys and charter boys not allowed to bring our water etc with us anymore ??? what about if we deadhead in uniform from a to b?

No word from our company on this yet. Has anyone else heard anything from their management on this?

Dilligaff

I airlined today in uniform from MCO to IAH. No problems at all, did not have to remove anything. 10 minutes from the time I walked in the door to the time I was at the gate.

EJApilot said:
I airlined today in uniform from MCO to IAH. No problems at all, did not have to remove anything. 10 minutes from the time I walked in the door to the time I was at the gate.

No question as to whether you had any liquids or gels in your bag???

Well if you guys did a little research like some of us you would have found the same answer as I did, the TSA will exemt you from having to check your bags if you are in UNIFORM, this is straight from a TSA supervisor at my domicile airport, for those that think going to or from work in uniform is stupid or what ever then fine, I have always worn my uniform to and from work and it has made a world of difference through security, I have never been asked to take off my shoes, and now I don't have to worry about what gels or pastes I can't take, if you want to avoid the hassle factor of having to check your bags, put on the uniform, so far I have had no problems with my carry on's and I have not taken any thing out of them either.

Also, you are allowed to bring drinks on board as well if you are in uniform

Last edited:
Apparently there has been random issues with NJA crew members at airports like CMH where we frequent more often than, let's say, Wala Wala, WA.

I guess the TSA took it upon themselves to say, "Those aren't REAL pilots" and "The exemption is for pilots who fly big airplanes."

Well... maube someday I'll get my training wheels taken off.

The expemption clearly states "Uniformed Crew is exempt."

Siiiigh. Thousands Standing Around strikes again.

FLYLOW22 said:
The expemption clearly states "Uniformed Crew is exempt."

Can you point to that exemption on the TSA website or somewhere else?

Latest resources

Back