Airlines where Pilots Clean the Cabin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
skykid said:
Yeah. Everytime I use the head, even as a nonrev, I take a wad of paper towels and wipe the piss off the floor left from the idiots who can't make the hole. Takes about 5 seconds. Then I lick my fingers and wash my hands.

That's pretty disgusting. I prefer to have good aim so as not to urinate on the floor.

That's pretty disgusting. I prefer to have good aim so as not to urinate on the floor.

Me, too, but when have you been in an airplane head when it wasn't trashed w/in 10 minutes.

I can't wait till I see you across the interview table " Mr. I Just Fly The Planes"

Sounds like you assume everyone is trying to get a Jetblue interview.

When I went down for my SWA interview, the Capt was helping the elderly and women with their babies on board while talking with me about how great the company is. It was a selling point for me. I cannot see it as degrading, simply a shift from old school making a ton of money with the majors to being greatful of having a freaking job post 9/11.

v/r

m2

I'm happy to help get the airplane turned and on its way, but I am glad we do not do this at AirTran.

Now, if I see someone waiting in the jetway for a stroller and the rampers haven't made it up in a reasonable amount of time, I'll go down and see if I can grab it for them, especially if it looks like they have a close connection. Non-revving, hey, I'm happy to cross some belts on my out, and I always offer to grab some chow for the crew . . . . . but ya gotta draw the line somewhere.

If it is in the job description, there it is, and it wouldn't keep me from working there, but I am glad we don't do it.

This post is very strange. It should not be about cleaning the cabin on not cleaning the cabin. It's all about treating others how you want to be treated. Granted, I don't work on a large aircraft. But, we have a flight attendent and 44 other passengers that at some point will need my help. Do I help clean the cabin and fold seat belts......you better believe it. It's my way of saying thank you for getting me my coffee this morning. Do I help unload bags in the rain....you bet. My way of saying thank you for the quick turn last week. Do I run down the terminal to catch the guy who left his book in the seat back pocket.......of course. My way of saying thanks for flying with us...see you again. If you don't do any of these things and you have the time to do it..... well, I would say you are very selfish and I feel sorry for you. Because, you don't know the joy that comes from helping others. Try it sometime you might enjoy how it makes you feel. If you don't....don't ever expect anything from anybody.

I've never found it below me to help with the cabin as an FO or now as a Captain. Especially if you have the time or during a quick turn it promotes a better working enviroment and shows the flight
attendant(s) That your concern is not only up front but all aspects of the flight. Also I've jumped off and slung bags, anyone familiar with La Guardia knows how frustrating it is to wait 15 minutes just for a marshal then to wait another 20 minutes for the baggage pounders. At least the people on board take note that your trying to keep your floundering airline afloat. For all those disillusioned this is still a direct customer service industry. Maybe my ethic is different since I came from corporate aviation where after every flight we were on our hands and knees making that aircraft spotless for the boss out of respect for him and our jobs. We took pride in providing a prestine airplane because it reflected on the crew especially with regard to professionalism. I understand not everybody shares these values and thats fine but don't insult the ones that do.

scooby, i would agree with you that helping out is great for team morale, etc., etc. However, you help clean the cabin not because you are saying "thanks" to the flight attendant, but because it is now .........part of your job.

that being said, if i worked for JB (which would be great), i wouldn't have a problem doing it.

Ludacris!!

I personally WILL NOT CLEAN OTHER PEOPLE'S $hiT!!!
If I knew that my flying carreer would come DOWN to this, I would have become a GARBAGE MAN. After all they make better money and enjoy better bennies...

Bottom line, look at the airlines that are succeeding and the ones that aren't.
I would much rather clean the cabin, when I can, and help get strollers if it meant my airline would save a few bucks. If the ENTIRE team is pitching in it can really make a difference in the airline's bottom line. You can argue all you want about it, but being on the street with your selfish pride intact won't feed your family and it won't save other airline pilot's jobs either.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back