• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Training Academy out of business

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wow, this is terrible, sorry guys...60K up-front? I hope all these poor souls didn't pay cash...and to think, that a few years back I actually considered one of these 90 days/all ratings schools...well, let me remind everyone else then...pay with a credit card, do it at an FBO and do it in $1000 increments...or go to FS

Lesson learned....

So now get together with your fellow students and DO something about it. Take other people's advice in this thread. Call the attorney general, class action, etc.

Good luck.

Last edited:
what?

john doe why dont you tell me what kind of lesson was supposed to be learned from this

the ag has already been contacted

Well.....guess I was echoing some of "ceo of the sofa's" comments about not paying cash, using a credit card, not paying all 60k at once, doing it at an fbo, etc. If my comment offended you, all I can say is "sorry".

Glad to hear the ag has been contacted.

Originally posted by Bouyer about a week ago:

CHECK OUT AIRLINE TRAINING ACADEMY (WWW.FLYHERE.COM) IN ORLANDO GREAT TRAINING AND A GREAT MANAGEMENT TEAM. THEY HAVE SEVERAL TRAINING ROUTES TO CHOOSE FROM. I AM A STUDENT THERE AND I AM COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH ALL SO FAR. I CHECKED OUT ABOUT 10 SCHOOLS BEFORE MAKING MY DECISION.

A great example of why you shouldn't believe everything you read. I've consistently said ATA was a shady operation. Got that impression from one talk with the owner years ago.

I feel terrible for the students and employees and hope they get it all back and more. Let's see if the lawyers can do something productive for once. Amazing... they can get you millions for a hot cup of coffee at McDonalds but I bet ya this will be dragged out for years with no results.

www.flyhere.com used to have a letter on there from an ACA chief pilot praising the program (unfortunately the website is blank now). If someone has a copy of that letter please post it.

Talked to my friend who goes (went) there. He got a loan through some bank/loan company to pay ATA. I speculate he is still morally/legally obligated to pay the bank but does anyone know what else he can do to give him some leverage?
He also said the rumor is ATA was still taking new students money on Wednesday. So it was probably a sneak attack and ATA didn't realize they were broke until yesterday (sarcasm).
He went to the prosecutor's office today.
ATA the Enron of PFT. Perhaps they can get into politics.

Latest resources

Back