Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EMcx2

ATA out of business

Thats the Airline Training Academy and it closed its doors today.

They gave the students 15 minutes to get out and locked the doors. They admitted a new class of students just 2 weeks ago. These people paid 60,000 dollars for 2 weeks of groundschool. I really feel for these students but at least they will be the last people the Airline Training Academy screw. Well at least for a while. The cockroaches behind ATA will proabably reinvent the lie to scam more people.

Hope they didn't pay it all up front...or at least used a credit card so they can dispute the charge.

They haven't even had time to take down their web site. This should serve as a strong warning to folks that go to places like this. Don't give them all your money up front. You will never see it again if you don't complete your training.

Hmmm?

EMcx2,
Where did you get this information? I searched the net over and could find no evidence of the schools closure. Please send me a link of a story or PM me with more info.

Mildly Interested,
AT

I found out through a friend who is still a student there. The story is true. I was LOA from there and they still have $15,000 of borrowed money. I swear to all things that I would burn their freakin' houses down If I still lived in Florida. Absolute snakes......no other way to put it. What do they care, they'll still have their personal money and all of ours and Rob will continue to enjoy his cozy seat at the real ATA. They bowed out of this thing through bankruptcy b/c there were at least 10 of us trying to sue them for our money, including me. I can't believe this crap! Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse..........

Regrets

My heart goes out to all of the students who were unfortunately involved with this company at the wrong time. I too went there and after the first month I was in constant fear that I would show up one day and the doors would be locked with my life savings locked behind them.

Good Luck to all of those affected.
AT

yeah no kiddin! sorry to hear that. I didnt thnik they would last that long anyways. Take care all! and good luck and god bless !

Captain landry

They admitted a new class of students just 2 weeks ago. These people paid 60,000 dollars for 2 weeks of groundschool.

Wouldn't this mean that they just finished the two weeks that they paid for?

You don't really mean that they actually paid 60k for two weeks of school, do you?

Tmbuilder,

They payed that $60,000 grand up front for the guarantee program, i.e., pay up front and we guarantee no extra charges for training. This means that those people that paid 60k at the beginning of this month lost it all b/c they had barely made it past the first ground school. I was only contracted for 38k b/c of previous ratings but some people paid for a "guaranteed" job by giving 60k up front. The owners should be sent to jail. It has been rumored for a long time that money taken in at the flight school went into "Discover Air", the Williams' futile attempt at an airline. If that is true, and it will be discovered in bankruptcy procedings if it is, then that should be pursued as criminal. Hard times continue to fall. This one really hits close.

You and the students need to contact the Florida attorney general TODAY, and see if you can get an Orlando firm to mount a class action IMMEDIATELY.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back