• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Training Academy out of business

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was there in sept 01'. I saw the writing on the wall then and pulled out of AS II. I've been trying to get the rest of my money out of them ever since. THey are real crooked bastards, and treat you like s$$t while you are there. You're were always afraid to speak out. They made examples of those who did. You just kept going in the hopes there would be something. After 9/11, there was no point in staying. I wish the best for all the other students who will probably be screwed by this. Good Luck.

Yeah, they dropped the bomb on anyone who crossed them. I'll bet ole Seesholtz is laughing his *** off now.

I don't know how long you were there but i was at pilot talk the day Pat questioned capt. Jim about the mesa lie. they kicked him out that day. they went to his apartment and told him he had one hour to pack and leave. Wendy Leonard(Jim's Daugnter) said that he shouldn't have embarrassed her father in front of everyone like that. THat taught everyone a lesson that day, BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY! If anyone out there remembers, Pat was in the Feb 01' class

rptrain said:
www.flyhere.com used to have a letter on there from an ACA chief pilot praising the program (unfortunately the website is blank now). If someone has a copy of that letter please post it.

Google caches page. You might do a search on there and see if you can find the cached page.

*NOT* Ambulance chasing

For those of you stuck, FSI in Vero Beach has offered a week's stay in their dorms for free if you need it.

Sorry to hear about this scummy operation...I'm no fan of trial lawyers, but SUE SUE SUE. Get and injunction NOW!

Good luck to all out there taken for a ride by this "family owned" business.

Chunk

What was the name of the guy who started this school? No doubt he will pop up again somewhere to rip everyone off. He needs to be blacklisted. He sold Comair the Comair Aviation Academy.

The guy's name is Williams. I think he flies for ATA (the airline) and also own Discover Air, a BE99 outfit on the side.

This guy is scum. There are students being told they have one day to move out of the apartments the school leased for them because the students pay the school for the rent (in some cases months in advance) and the school didn't pay the rent for the students.

Pilots are literally going to be homeless because of this scumbag.

HE SHOULD BE SHUNNED AND BLACKLISTED!

That's okay.....the students (from what I hear) have sworn out a warrant for his arrest.

Chunk

Chunk, that is the correct last name but from what I understand the old man is a retired airline captain from a major (or that's what he told his students). He has sons helping "run" the business. Not sure any of them are in the airline biz.
I also think he started the original Comair at Sanford (SFB) and then sold it to the present owners.
I need to be careful though since I'm only repeating gossip and don't know first hand.
Channel 9 in Orlando did a piece about this on the news earlier today. Sure it will get some more press.

Didn't ATA have a crash in Daytona last month on the 18th? I'm not sure because the NTSB site is down.

Retracted got access to the NTSB site the crash was from Comair

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back