Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skyranger777

Whats the good, the bad and ugly on Air Wisconsin? Looking at putting a resume in with them. Seems like their pay isn't to bad, it jumps up 11k after first year. I also heard a rumor that they may be getting 170's or 190's, is that true? Any help would be great! Thx

Skyranger777 said:
I also heard a rumor that they may be getting 170's or 190's, is that true? Any help would be great! Thx

I belive things one of two times --
1. when I see it in my paycheck
2. when I see it actually happen

...this is a rumor thats been arround and arround and arround and arround and arround...you get the idea.

Skyranger777 said:
Whats the good, the bad and ugly on Air Wisconsin? Looking at putting a resume in with them. Seems like their pay isn't to bad, it jumps up 11k after first year. I also heard a rumor that they may be getting 170's or 190's, is that true? Any help would be great! Thx
The pay goes from $23/hr to $34/hr second year, which isn't great but isn't horrible. If the pilots get their wish, the 'old' contract will be reinstated, and that will bump second year pay to $39/hr on the CRJ - which, to my knowledge, will make it the highest paying 50 seater regional out there. Now, do I think that will happen? Not really, especially after the proposed Comair pay scale. And I hate to say it, but doing so could price the company out of future growth. I saw some report that had Mesa @ 10.5 cents per seat mile while AWAC, at the current rates, are 15 cents per seat mile, i.e. 50% higher cost than Mesa. Not a good thing when the legacies are trying to cut costs!

Thee 190's are 100% out of the question. The 170's are an extremely far fetched idea. They spent all their liquid cash on securing their spot with US Air when they invested in it, so I don't see much money left over for buying additional aircraft. Keep in mind the company is extremely conservative, and growth probably won't happen - in fact the fleet is shrinking by one fleet type and around 17 airplanes when the 146's are totally gone in April '06.

Don't come to AWAC with the prospect of advancement quickly. Come to AWAC because from day 1 the company treats you like a person, not a servant a la [insert bottom feeder here].

~wheelsup

Last edited:
I would like to have the best of both worlds, fast advancement and quality of life. I know this is hard to come by but as I have heard quality of life from the get go can far surpass the advancement prospect. To be treated fair and decent (like a human being) is something I am more interested in. Plus the pay compared to most other regionals is much better!

Skyranger777 said:
I would like to have the best of both worlds, fast advancement and quality of life. I know this is hard to come by but as I have heard quality of life from the get go can far surpass the advancement prospect. To be treated fair and decent (like a human being) is something I am more interested in. Plus the pay compared to most other regionals is much better!

Come to ExpressJet

Skyranger777 said:
I would like to have the best of both worlds, fast advancement and quality of life.

The only way that would happen is if you got on with a carrier like Expressjet when they were just starting their growth spurt. In all honestly, I think the days of the regionals rapidly expanding are over with - with some shrinkage even happening possibly. The only expansion I can see is 70 & 90+ seaters, which would suck for our career prospects in the long term.

~wheelsup

wheelsup said:
- in fact the fleet is shrinking by one fleet type and around 17 airplanes when the 146's are totally gone in April '06.
~wheelsup

For the record we are already down to 5 operational BAC-146's with 1 spare according to the November newsletter. Pilots flying the BAC have already been awarded positions in the CRJ with delayed training. Puts things into a better perspective for those thinking 17 airplanes are going to disappear all of a sudden in April. I doubt if you'll even feel it as a newhire....maybe an extra month or three on reserve.

Last edited:
with this big break between ground school and sim training...im hoping that my time on reserve is a little closer to that one month than three

I doubt if the BAC's going away will effect masedogg19 or anyone else hired in the next few months reserve times. By the time they actually get the 146 guys back online (Mayish-Junish....who knows, but that's still 7 months away!!!!!), you should be holding lines somewhere in the sytem. Once you are a lineholder at AWAC the only way that can be taken away is through a displacement which I doubt they will have since all of the BAC guys already have new positions incorperated in to the current staffing model (plus it cost's $$$$). They'll time this thing out so we are running lean on captains about the time they come over to the CRJ ( assuming we ever get back to proper staffing as it is).

In the grand scheme of things I think the only thing the 50 or so BAC guys coming over to the CRJ will do is put a pause on upgrades for 1-3 months around April.

Enjoy the break!

Last edited:
The guys just awarded CA on the last vacancy notice are heading to training this month. Junior award had a hire date of either 11/02 or 12/02,
CRJ CA ORF Res

Latest resources

Back