• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The head of HR is Lisa Conover. Although I don't believe she is directly involved with the day to day pilot recruiting activities.

rightrudder said:
The pairing construction, which dictates whether or not the lines are commutable, does not have to be as bad as it is. You show early the first day, fly very little on day 2 and 3, and on day four, you fly a bunch until 10 pm, so you have no chance to get home except for jumping on ups.

They could easily load up the flying on days 2 and 3 and at least let you get home on the last day. They choose not to do that.

Why? That's a good question. It may be that they want to force people to quit (the more senior guys who make more $$, less likely to be quiet about the crap here), so maybe if the arbitrator rules in our favor, maybe back pay only for existing employees. It may be to make our QOL so bad that if they lose the concession grievance, they can have a bit of bargaining leverage to try out when our old contract snaps back and they have to try and renegotiate it.

In any event, the schedules could be more efficient and pilot friendly and they are not. That tells me that it is intentional.

I worked for both AWAC and USAirways Express. I don't think it is a management conspiracy to make people quit. USAirways Express makes the most inefficient schedules. I did a triple deadhead one (actually many times) day to fly one leg. I had 4 day trips that stated at 5 a.m. or earlier on day one and ended after 11:00 p.m. on day 4. They had day 2 and 3 of the 4-day with only one or 2 legs. We thought they did this so they could extend us on day 2 and 3 to cover the flying they had. I was extended on a regular basis EVERY trip. Also junior manned. Why they didn't give us a packed, efficient 4 day trip, I don't know. It comes down to poor scheduling and dumba$$ management. I don't think they are counting on senior guys quitting. They just suck at scheduling at USAir.

My point is, unfortunately you are a USAirways Express carrier now. I left there to go to AWAC because of crap scedules and QOL at USAir. Now, the AWAC that I worked for and enjoyed for a short time seems to be gone.

Last edited:
Paladin said:
The head of HR is Lisa Conover. Although I don't believe she is directly involved with the day to day pilot recruiting activities.

Don't trust her!!! I went to her in confidence after being harrassed by a station agent for over a year. She promised it would remain confidential.
The next thing I know, that's right....the chief pilot gets a phone call from her, as well as the gate agent, detailing my "allegations".

I just re-read my reply. You're right Beechnut, it does conjer images of Scott, Lisa and myself engaged in hedonistic acts with marshmellow peeps.

DDiggler,

I don't know who you are, but your remarks towards some of your AWAC peers posting here makes me think you are either management or very junior. Maybe the first thing you can do to understand what myself and others who are simply fed up is to get your hands on an original copy of contract '99. See what we gave up on the basis of a bunch of LIES promoted by management. Secondly, look around. You may be one of the priviledged few to live in domicile. I know what that is like, I lived in domicile for my entire time with this company until USAIR started. And although I don't like the commute, I can live with it. The problem lies in requiring hotels on BOTH ends of a trip. Get's a little pricey, even on CA pay.

As far as our pay scales being too expensive? The company posted a 20.9 Million dollar profit for every quarter since the concessions took effect. The concessions save the company about 5 million per quarter. Think they can't afford to operate without them? RRRRIIIGGGHHHTTTT! they just can't buy the 75 foot yatch, they can only get the 50 foot one. And who's business is it of anyones how much we cost (as a group) to a prospective airline? All that should matter is the end price.

The point is that we provide a superior product (or used to, I not convinced we do anymore). And that product was brought forward by the employees of AWAC. But with the way we are now being treated by Management, it's no wonder why things are falling apart. All any of us who have been here awhile are trying to do for the new arrivals is give them an honest opinion of what is REALLY going on here, not the polished version promted by HR and the recruiting staff.

Rekks

hi,
from what I gathered, awac invested 13.5 % into Us airways, and is gonna stop its United flying.

1)Is us airways gonna be the only airline partner? how is the loss of united flying going to affect AWAC?

Also , I read here that Air wisky is looking at having 1100 pilots, if i am correct that corresponds to 110 planes. I also read that the hiring was due to attrition not expansion. On ailrinepilotpay.com, the amount of CRJ is only 70. the amount of bae (being pahsed out anyway ) is/was 17.
even if the BAE are replaced by crj thats only 87 planes, hence 870 pilots not 1100.
2) So expansion as well or only attrition?

can somebody explain?thanks

hi,
from what I gathered, awac invested 13.5 % into Us airways, and is gonna stop its United flying.

1)Is us airways gonna be the only airline partner? how is the loss of united flying going to affect AWAC?

Also , I read here that Air wisky is looking at having 1100 pilots, if i am correct that corresponds to 110 planes. I also read that the hiring was due to attrition not expansion. On ailrinepilotpay.com, the amount of CRJ is only 70. the amount of bae (being pahsed out anyway ) is/was 17.
even if the BAE are replaced by crj thats only 87 planes, hence 870 pilots not 1100.
2) So expansion as well or only attrition?

can somebody explain?thanks

Latest resources

Back