• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin holding recruiting sessions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I went to the thursday morning session and it was pretty laid back. Just a company overview, split off FA candidates and pilot candidates and gave a more specific overview, then they asked to to sit outside and called us in one at a time. They interviewed us in the order in which we showed up, and I went in first becuase I got there a little early. Interview was just as you said, and they said they didn't have any interview dates becuase they didn't have any class dates. They said they would have some more classes at the begining of the year, due to catching up on a lot of training (Apparently, JetBlue likes their captains!) Anyways, it will be nice not being in training during all of the holdays, maybe a chance at the first of '06)

I don't know about that Jet Blue situation, but our captains like doing almost anything other than working here, including getting out of the business. I guess they gotta put a positive spin on it somehow!

rightrudder said:
I don't know about that Jet Blue situation, but our captains like doing almost anything other than working here, including getting out of the business. I guess they gotta put a positive spin on it somehow!

So true! Our standards are lowered so that so much more looks so much better.

S.

I guess I don't know the truth about the "Jetblue Spin" either, but it sounded like a plausible explanation from the company lady that was doing the intro. In fact, the pilot recruiter wasn't even there becuase he was out flying. A younger lady did it. Never heard of a company that short-staffed

The loss of the ATW crewbase and ease of commuting from ATW is running off alot of people. I miss Air Willie however and think if you're hired there you're in a good place. I wish I never left.

Finished up.

Finally finished up the interview process at Air Whisky.... seems like the place to be folks!! I think they're about to hit a growth spirt. They are looking to expand this U.S. Air / America West Merger gig!! Interview process was great and they have a good contract! However there are alot of disgruntled pilots there because of the displacement. I don't blame them I guess. This business is a rolling frieght train. You're either miserable or completely satisfied. No in between! Their E. Coast transition seems to work good for me! May not work for other's...
Oh for those of you smart folks out there who thought I had the big ego because I was told I may not have to do the sim?? Well like the Fonz say's, "SIT ON IT!" "uh yeah let's put a guy who flies the CRJ already,put him in a Frasca to check his scan.........??" Losers'................

Mtnjam said:
Oh for those of you smart folks out there who thought I had the big ego because I was told I may not have to do the sim?? Well like the Fonz say's, "SIT ON IT!" "uh yeah let's put a guy who flies the CRJ already,put him in a Frasca to check his scan.........??" Losers'................

I think they were just trying to help you out so you would be prepared for anything, obviously they had no clue what they were talking about.

I'm happy to hear you have experience in the aircraft and you are excited about possibly working here, but please lose the f.ucking attitude before you set foot on our property ace.

Good luck and Welcome.

Mtnjam,

If you get hired, that attitude is exactly what will get you fired. If you don't believe us, then you'd better turn down the offer if it comes.

Latest resources

Back