• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin holding recruiting sessions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Finally finished up the interview process at Air Whisky.... seems like the place to be folks!! I think they're about to hit a growth spirt. They are looking to expand this U.S. Air / America West Merger gig!! Interview process was great and they have a good contract! However there are alot of disgruntled pilots there because of the displacement."

Im not sure what the company has planned, but parking a bunch of 146's and not getting any more airplanes doesnt seem like much of a growth spurt to me. or perhaps the growth spurt is to make up for the mass attrition that we have going on. and a good contract? we had one up until a couple years ago and will hopefully get it back. besides, what good is a contract if it isnt honored by the company? sorry, guess im just one of those disgruntled pilots.

I think there are two ways to look at Air Wisconsin. From the inside, and the outside (I'm outside).

From the inside, you see it as a bad place due to displacements, parking aircraft, contract changes, etc.

From the outside, you see it as one of the best regional contracts out there, a regional with an ownership stake in a major airline, the new bases are well placed, and the odds of picking up new 70 seat flying are fair/good.

I think Air Wisconsin is a great company, but I'm not that well educated on it yet.

Mtnjam said:
Oh for those of you smart folks out there who thought I had the big ego because I was told I may not have to do the sim?? Well like the Fonz say's, "SIT ON IT!" "uh yeah let's put a guy who flies the CRJ already,put him in a Frasca to check his scan.........??" Losers'................
You've had a fair warning about the attitude. By the way....what's your class date?

mynameisjim said:
I think there are two ways to look at Air Wisconsin. From the inside, and the outside (I'm outside).

From the inside, you see it as a bad place due to displacements, parking aircraft, contract changes, etc.

From the outside, you see it as one of the best regional contracts out there, a regional with an ownership stake in a major airline, the new bases are well placed, and the odds of picking up new 70 seat flying are fair/good.

I think Air Wisconsin is a great company, but I'm not that well educated on it yet.

ZW is not interested in any 70 seat flying so our owners have said. Thats today we will see what tomorrow brings.

BL

mtnjam you sound like a real sharp tack . i'm really bummed out that i'll probably never get to work with you as it would have been awesome to see you manning the controls of the crj. congrats to everyone at awac that will get to fly with this superior aviator. please keep me posted on your climb to becoming a regional jet superstar.

MTNJAM,
lose the attitude if you want to spend more than a year here. They (the pilots) at this company have more than enough pull, and I can tell you that some of the CA's will write you up for poor/arrogant attitude. I know 3 people from my new hire class 5 years ago that were let go for just that reason. Chill out, and you'll be OK. Remember, most if not all of the CA's here have more PIC in type that you do total time, and they really do know their Sh!t !

Rekks

Bitterness

There are way too many people on here with a stone to throw in front of the track... If you read back awhile ago I made a post basically cracking a joke about the sim at Air Whisky. Logically speaking does anyone think that somebody with 1,200 hrs in a CRJ, or say even 800hrs, looking to fly for another airline that's flying the exact airplane would have to go fly a King Air sim? My common sense tells me that if somebody walks into an interview and presents theirself well, can speak intelligently about the CRJ when tech questions are asked would not have to fly the sim. I made a joke about maybe they want to check my "instrument scan". All the sudden I've got a bunch of bitter freaks saying "oh yer so cool dude." like I'm some sort of concieded Joe. So then I made another comment back to those saying Sit on It because no I didn't have to do the Sim. Big Deal right?? So what?? Who Cares?? People on here have way too much attitude, it's almost not even worth posting on this place sometimes, actually most of the time because there's always somebody out there trying to steal your thunder. For those of you who don't know, Sims in interviews are used for several reasons. The main reason is to see if you're Trainable. The Second is to make sure you have some sort of Instrument flying Ability. Especially when you get hired with only 600 or 800 hrs. of total time and have barely 100hrs of Multi time. Trainability is the main reason. They know somebody who's already flying a jet for another regional is trainable. So just to re-cap on things, I have no attitude folks....... None........ Zero........ You throw a blow I'm gonna throw one back, who wouldn't? All I have to say is in my career so far there are some strange dude's flying these planes around the country.
Back to Air Whisky, yeah alot of disgruntled guys. I feel bad for those of you displaced. You had a better contract and they took some of it away, which is ashame, however you still have an excellent contract compared to many other companies out there. If the job is that important then you should move I guess??? The Company pays for your move!! Wow how many companies "Airlines" would do that for their Pilot Group? Life decisions. Commute or Move?? Tough call if you ask me. I never believed in Regional Hopping. I don't really think I care to spend my career at a Regional, but in this day and age you never know where you may land, especially with the Major's converting into what they are and the Regional's taking over. You or myself may get stuck at a Regional for a long time? Who knows? I personally hate commuting. That's one thing that's very attractive for me at Air Whisky. No more commuting. Works for me, not for other's. Seems to be the story no matter who you work for or what you're situation is. So chill out guys.......... No attitude here, just sick of the idiots who always have something they think is SMART A.S.S. at say......Enjoy

Just tell the folks in Appleton that he's the assh0le from Pinnacle! That should narrow it down quite a bit. The fact that he doesn't even think he has an attitude says it all. That's the real problem, as I see it.

I think we should give mtnjam a little slack. I have read his previous posts and as he says it was basically everyone else jumping down his throat. He only stated a logical line of thought (all be it badly put sometimes). If he truely does come with an attitude that will be his downfall at some point in time, for now let's just let by-gones be by-gones and let him be.

I am sure the rest of the CA's here know where the "FO Evaluation Forms" can be found (IF required).

Latest resources

Back