ahh the wisdom of General Lee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Redmeat said:
FreightNazi is a poser/flamer and CitationLover is a self-loathing CRJ pilot. No further explanation needed.

i'm sorry i don't fly the "heavies" like you guys. get over your hard on.

i actually had a life out of aviation and made some money, so no self-loathing here. just enjoying something i like to do.

and as for "digging" through 5,000 posts, it took me 15 seconds to find it. not quite the digging. just poking fun at the general. he seems to get it.

FlyBoeingJets said:
So, Citation Lover, besides The General being human and sometimes wrong what else have you learned since 2003?? Are you drawing any conclusions about the industry or individual companies involved?? Care to share?

perhaps we should stick to flying and not gloating about "buying up the pieces". but ok, i get it, he flies a BOEING so he's entitled to be arrogant every now and then.

GL sounds very much like the rank-and-file DL pilot of 25 years ago, defending the company and being proud of it. He's just one generation out of phase through no fault of his own. Perhaps 6000 others like him would be a tangible asset these days.Take your cheap shots at him, but how many of you can say you would still be trying to find something positive about your company over the last two years had it been in similar circumstances and you were just being swept along with a tide you couldn't control ?

I've seen no geniuses on this forum. Everyone seems to be CEO quality intellect but what airline are YOU running successfully ?

I find nothing wrong with GL's view and hopefulness. What would you ask of him...to have an attitude like mine ?

Gulfstream 200 said:
If you asked anyone back in 99-2000 what they thought about UAL/DAL/NWA/USAIR all being pretty much dead in 5 years they would have laughed thier a$$e$ off at you. It was just a few years back that people could not even make it to all thier major interviews...or were juggling 2 and 3 offers from legacy carriers. You too would have told FEDEX/UPS no thanks and taken the job at DAL, they paid the best and looked like a lifetime job.

hey the quote was from 2003 not pre-9/11 so your analogy is wrong.

bafanguy said:
GL sounds very much like the rank-and-file DL pilot of 25 years ago, defending the company and being proud of it. He's just one generation out of phase through no fault of his own. Perhaps 6000 others like him would be a tangible asset these days.Take your cheap shots at him, but how many of you can say you would still be trying to find something positive about your company over the last two years had it been in similar circumstances and you were just being swept along with a tide you couldn't control ?

I've seen no geniuses on this forum. Everyone seems to be CEO quality intellect but what airline are YOU running successfully ?

I find nothing wrong with GL's view and hopefulness. What would you ask of him...to have an attitude like mine ?

I try to stay positive, when I am not crying in the corner......And I know that you took the ultimate sacrfice. You probably were around when this company was great, and it must have really shocked you watching it fall. I got here late and hope to stay awhile..... I always wanted to fly for Delta, and I have been trying to stay upbeat throughout all of this. My opinions have been my own, and lately I have been cranky. (ask Nimitz) Sorry.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Large airplane envy alert

CitationLover said:
perhaps we should stick to flying and not gloating about "buying up the pieces". but ok, i get it, he flies a BOEING so he's entitled to be arrogant every now and then.

Is that the same principle as you flying a CRJ so you're entitled to be a douchebag every now and then? I didn't think so.

I certainly don't agree with everything the General says but there is nothing wrong with a positive outlook. In times like these it helps keep you sanity.
With luck, hopefully you'll never feel the pain and dread of what the folks at Delta are about to endure.

Last edited:
CitationLover said:
hey the quote was from 2003 not pre-9/11 so your analogy is wrong.

yeah, and you fly an RJ.....and "made your money ouside aviation"...good thing...because you aren't gonna make it flying an airplane..

let me guess - aviation as a second career? fun wearing off yet?

:eek: .

Gulfstream 200 said:
yeah, and you fly an RJ.....and "made your money ouside aviation"...good thing...because you aren't gonna make it flying an airplane..

let me guess - aviation as a second career? fun wearing off yet?

:eek: .

well any job is a job. have you ever had a job after college other than aviation?

Boeingman said:
Is that the same principle as you flying a CRJ so you're entitled to be a douchebag every now and then? I didn't think so.

I certainly don't agree with everything the General says but there is nothing wrong with a positive outlook. In times like these it helps keep you sanity.
With luck, hopefully you'll never feel the pain and dread of what the folks at Delta are about to endure.

just being the "bottomfeeder", albeit a wholly owned one, that you accuse us of.....

General Lee said:
I try to stay positive, when I am not crying in the corner......And I know that you took the ultimate sacrfice. You probably were around when this company was great, and it must have really shocked you watching it fall. I got here late and hope to stay awhile..... I always wanted to fly for Delta, and I have been trying to stay upbeat throughout all of this. My opinions have been my own, and lately I have been cranky. (ask Nimitz) Sorry.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I am curious - Exactly which General do you claim to be?

Are you the car;

Or the Righteous Robert E. ?

Latest resources

Back