ahh the wisdom of General Lee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CitationLover said:
well any job is a job. have you ever had a job after college other than aviation?

Nope. never needed one. My first job as a CFI in 1995 paid more than an RJ FO in 2005....and I thought that was bad at 20yrs old...how ya doing with that?

Like the general, I enjoy flying a nice jet and get paid a decent, but modest, 6 figure salary to do it...

and you? why you so happy to see the decent paying jobs end? where you going?

think about it this way...in many states General Lee can make more on unemployment that you make in that RJ. how about that?

:eek: .

Last edited:
CitationLover said:
just being the "bottomfeeder", albeit a wholly owned one, that you accuse us of.....

I think you have some serious issues sport. Although comments and attitudes like yours do nothing to dispell the reasons that some paint with a broad brush about our regional partners.

Oh yes, and as an FYI I would be interested to know where I called you a "bottom feeder". You can see that the brush paints both ways. Imagine that.

Boeingman said:
I think you have some serious issues sport. Although comments and attitudes like yours do nothing to dispell the reasons that some paint with a broad brush about our regional partners.

Oh yes, and as an FYI I would be interested to know where I called you a "bottom feeder". You can see that the brush paints both ways. Imagine that.

well boeingman my initial comments were never directed at you so why are you posting on this thread?

yes pilots are underpaid (no one understands that more than regional pilots), however the economic realities are driving this trend of the legacies. i was just calling the general on one specific post regarding delta, and all his "fraternity" bros (delta sigma boeing/airbus) jumped to his defense.

Gulfstream 200 said:
Nope. never needed one. My first job as a CFI in 1995 paid more than an RJ FO in 2005....and I thought that was bad at 20yrs old...how ya doing with that?

Like the general, I enjoy flying a nice jet and get paid a decent, but modest, 6 figure salary to do it...

and you? why you so happy to see the decent paying jobs end? where you going?

think about it this way...in many states General Leecan make more on umemployment that you make in that RJ. how about that?

:eek: .

once again gulfstream you are attacking the source rather than addressing the issue. i made 6 figures (as you put it) for a long enough time to realize that "6 figures" really isn't THAT much money as a pension consultant. i have never said i was happy about "decent paying jobs ending" (please provide a quote mr. specific). where is your ATTACK on the general regarding the demise of those legacy carriers that delta (at least in 2003) was going to buy you hypocrite?

and yes it horrible the salaries (if you want to call it that) that regional FO's make. where the f@#$ am I defending these you imbecile?

you have no experience OUTSIDE aviation and thus do not realize that MOST jobs REAL wages have gone down over the last few years. your blinders makes you attack that which you know nothing about.

CitationLover said:
i was just calling the general on one specific post regarding delta, and all his "fraternity" bros (delta sigma boeing/airbus) jumped to his defense.

I wasn't necessarily defending the General, I just don't like regional guys, that's all.

Redmeat said:
I wasn't necessarily defending the General, I just don't like regional guys, that's all.

Whats your friggin problem with "Regional Guys?" I am a regional guy. I get up in the morning, shower, have some breakfast, kiss my wife and go to work....I fly where the company tells me to, as safely as I can. I try to get along with my crew, accomodate the customers, stay proficient, study for my checkrides, be on time........Then I go home, watch Sportcenter, have a beer and some dinner, and go to bed........So, what have I done to you to make you not like me????? I have to know!

CitationLover said:
well boeingman my initial comments were never directed at you so why are you posting on this thread?

yes pilots are underpaid (no one understands that more than regional pilots), however the economic realities are driving this trend of the legacies. i was just calling the general on one specific post regarding delta, and all his "fraternity" bros (delta sigma boeing/airbus) jumped to his defense.

I'm sorry....did I need permission to chime in? A thousand pardons Sire.

Fraternity bros? There you go again with that envy issue. I didn't look at it as jumping to his defense rather more so pointing out you sound quite immature rubbing salt in the wound. Sounds like you are one of those guys who thinks that your are entitled to step directly into the left seat of a Boeing and bypass the process right? Let me guess PFT? Flying that CRJ beneath your vast experience and exposure to the aviation industry?

Now we are also digressing to regional pilots being underpaid? This has what to do with General's enthusiasm? A little thread drift here?

Last edited:
79%N1 said:
Whats your friggin problem with "Regional Guys?" I am a regional guy. I get up in the morning, shower, have some breakfast, kiss my wife and go to work....I fly where the company tells me to, as safely as I can. I try to get along with my crew, accomodate the customers, stay proficient, study for my checkrides, be on time........Then I go home, watch Sportcenter, have a beer and some dinner, and go to bed........So, what have I done to you to make you not like me????? I have to know!

I will take that back. I don't like MOST regional pilots. However, you sound like a mature pilot. You need to police your own. There are many in your pilot group who are giving YOU a bad name. A lot of very immature individuals in your group.

CitationLover said:
once again gulfstream you are attacking the source rather than addressing the issue. i made 6 figures (as you put it) for a long enough time to realize that "6 figures" really isn't THAT much money as a pension consultant. i have never said i was happy about "decent paying jobs ending" (please provide a quote mr. specific). where is your ATTACK on the general regarding the demise of those legacy carriers that delta (at least in 2003) was going to buy you hypocrite?

and yes it horrible the salaries (if you want to call it that) that regional FO's make. where the f@#$ am I defending these you imbecile?

you have no experience OUTSIDE aviation and thus do not realize that MOST jobs REAL wages have gone down over the last few years. your blinders makes you attack that which you know nothing about.

No.

You started this thread simply to poke at Gen Lee. You seem to take enjoyment out of the fact that his good paying job (and 1000's of others) may be gone forever. "told ya General..haha"

Why is it that so many RJ pilots get off about the demise of the mainline jobs? where do you think you are going?

I figured this was "second career syndrome" the glossy pages of some Comair ad got to you, huh? sick of flying the cubicle?

heck, at least you can go back to that pension consulting job (whatever) after the SJS wears off. Consider yourself lucky!

I guess being an airline pilot is kind of a short term hobby these days anyhow.

Keep the cool uniform though, you can always wear it on Halloween.

Redmeat said:
There are many in your pilot group who are giving YOU a bad name. A lot of very immature individuals in your group.

I don't know what pilot group you belong to, but I'm guessing it's the arrogant one. There are a lot of very immature individuals in every pilot group, young to old, regional to major.

Latest resources

Back