• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ahh the wisdom of General Lee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm amazed that the General has such a devoted following of believers/naysayers (as it may be) that they dredge up his previous posts...

I was in ATL last month and got delayed by a ground stop. I was in Concourse C, and started wondering "I wonder if all those ASA/Delta/Comair/AirTran people who post on flightinfo are just walking by, and if they *really* act that way in real life." I'd have been happy to chat with him or any of the other mature posters on this board, as it is refreshing for somebody to have pride in their company yet be a realist at the same time. For relative newbs like me, such honesty and candor is nice.

Well, to be honest, I thought about FI members after "Where the fark is that ATL Chik-fil-A I read about on flightinfo?", but I digress :p

twott driver said:
Redmeat apparently has neither the intellect or insight to realise that his scorn is directed at the wrong people.

For starters I will address your post by quoting part of a post from the regionals board made by a jump seating pilot yesterday. After reading, please inform me of where to direct my scorn twott.

acaTerry said:
One commute too many here, and I have some venting to do in the form of advice for all: pilots, passengers and the press.

PILOTS
1. Act like a pro. I won't say what airline, but for the love all that is holy...if I ever see another crew playing tag in the jetway, I am going to schlap the krap outta you. That was pathetic.
2. Look like a pro. I know the blue Oakleys protect your eyes from the suns harmful rays in that Dash at 11,000 feet, but really...take off the blue Oakleys when you get in the terminal. It makes you look dumb. And lose the "No Fear" 1 & 1/2 inch lanyard too.
3. Keep the passengers informed. After a very nice flight with a nice landing, the pilots taxied around ORD 3, count 'em 3 times. Now you guys know how long that takes, and I see no excuse to not say a word to the pax, especially at ORD where they likely have tight connections, and the plane is full. Grand total of taxi: 39 minutes, and not a word from our fearless pilots.

Well,

1. I don't wear my sunglasses in the terminal
2. I have never played tag with any of my crewmembers
3. Some of my flight attendants say I make too many PA's
4. I dry clean my uniform every week and show up rested to all my flight assignments.

Whats your point. There are thousands of pilots operating "RJ's" every day in the US and you seem to want to lump all of us together as though we are one and the same. My favorite is "kid." I'm 32, own a home, have more jet time than almost any 15 yr mil pilot (xcept the heavy guys)and care considerably about the professionalism of myself and crew.

I have seen my share of ugliness during my weekly commute however I always knew they were isolated incidents. I also know a couple of "mainline" guys in my crashpad who could probably use a little polish. The fact of the matter is that the 10% dickhead factor is at every company, its just a shame the rest of us have to suffer.

Well, I will describe myself at work. I usually wear my full uniform, including my studly double breasted jacket, during the Summer months on walkarounds. I am the only guy out there doing that, because it gives me the "Sauna effect". It cleanses the soul. I, too, wear my TopGun style aviator glasses while inside the terminal, and never look people in the face. I am about 6' 8" tall, and a little over a buck in weight. I have no hair on my head, but plenty visible on the top of my wrists. I am a walking neanderthaul, or a walking male Calista Flockhart. My New Yawk accent is often masked by my chronicly blocked nasal passages. Come up to me and say hi---I swear I won't bite. My wife loves me.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Well, I will describe myself at work. I usually wear my full uniform, including my studly double breasted jacket, during the Summer months on walkarounds. I am the only guy out there doing that, because it gives me the "Sauna effect". It cleanses the soul. I, too, wear my TopGun style aviator glasses while inside the terminal, and never look people in the face. I am about 6' 8" tall, and a little over a buck in weight. I have no hair on my head, but plenty visible on the top of my wrists. I am a walking neanderthaul, or a walking male Calista Flockhart. My New Yawk accent is often masked by my chronicly blocked nasal passages. Come up to me and say hi---I swear I won't bite. My wife loves me.
Bye Bye--General Lee

"with a face like this who can't love ya" with mom squeezing your cheeks!

Boeingman said:
Bingo with the aviation part. Dead wrong about another "job". My other "job" is a sideline that has allowed me to do what I want, have what I want and go where I want. Does that count? Gee I sure hope so.

You going to start harping about my ability to make it through the military route? Now we can also add jealousy to your traits and character.

Didn't trade Nam stories since I was to young for that, but we did chat about people we knew who flew the Phantom. Are you happy now? I suppose you are one of those blowhards that will whine about how unfair it is for military pilots to ease into the airlines jobs right?

hey boeing thats great you have a side job and are financially secure.

my point was not to rap on the "military" (again defensive?), but to simply point out that when you said "earned their way to a major" that military guys come out usually with not that many hours comparatively to the amount of time they spent in the military. and yes military guys do have a nice built in advantage track to goto the majors (not unlike an Ivy league education versus Big Ten/ACC one).

CitationLover said:
"with a face like this who can't love ya" with mom squeezing your cheeks!

Easy, she would cause a river of puss from all of my zits...

Bye Bye--General Lee

CitationLover said:
oh really?!?! how has your pilot group maintained the integrity of the industry and kept wages (which it seems is the only thing people care about) "above the bar" or "maintaining the bar"? you look down upon us.

based on your profile, i'm going to guess you've had two jobs your adult life (military then major airline). one interview with your current company, which basically was telling 'Nam stories or something along those lines. any truth?

Didn't you used to work for Gulfstream?

General Lee said:

Bye Bye--General Lee

I like the double brested jackets you guys wear. Some folks don't, I thing they're cool.

Latest resources

Back