• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CitationLover

Aw, Nuts!
General Lee circa 2003.

"And remember, Delta lost a lot less than the other majors last quarter. We lost a total of $320mil, and $120mil of that was one of those one time charges---that supposedly don't come back. We knew in advance that this last quarter was our weakest. Our CFO believes that we will break even for the next three quarters--which is better than losses. We have more cash than anyone except Southwest, and another $5 billion we can mortgage. We put $65 million into Song, and another $30 million into new self-check-in kiosks (about 700 more) at major airports. Things are coming along fine at Delta--and we are adapting to the LCC threats, unlike most other Majors. AA lost close to $1Billion for the quarter, and UAL lost $1.5 billion ---or $500 million a month for three months. Now look again at Delta's $200 million loss (without the charge). We hedge fuel better than anyone--which will help during the Iraq war. We will be around after all of this, and probably buy up most of the pieces. I don't expect to see Jetblue or Southwest taxiing next to me in Rome anytime in the near future.

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool: :D"

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=14270&highlight=delta+pay+concessions

you still listen to him?!?!

More famous quotes from our beloved General.....

From the General...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
When Delta comes out of this after the Iraq deal, we will be stronger.

Quote:
We have the upper hand here

Quote:
I think we are doing a lot better than the other guys

Quote:
We hedge fuel better than anyone else,

Quote:
We have more cash than anyone

Quote:
Things are coming along fine at Delta--and we are adapting to the LCC threats, unlike most other Majors.

Quote:
We will have 36 757's by the end of the year, providing more seats with better entertainment systems

Quote:
we have more cash than anyone---and not losiong it as fast as AA

Quote:
All I am saying is that Delta is not doing as bad as AA or UAL

Quote:
The economy will eventually rebound, and the Iraq thing will be over quickly

Quote:
Delta has more cash and mortgageable assets than almost anyone

So what?

At the end of the day The General is just another number on a list who may just lose his paycheck as his employer is pretty much worthless.

Yes, he knows more and thinks more about DAL than anyone ever should, and his enthusiasm for just another down the tubes airline is a bit odd (sorry General)....but he sounds like a heck of a lot better guy to fly with than some whiny clueless blame everyone else pilots or even worse the pathetic now generation of loser RJ pilots....living at home with momma and thinking 45K is "pretty good money"....theres your future and it PI$$ES General off. rightfully so. Why dosen't it pi$$ YOU off? thats the real question...

I say congrats General for keeping a somewhat positive attitude, he may need it in the near future along with many others who are just numbers.

If you asked anyone back in 99-2000 what they thought about UAL/DAL/NWA/USAIR all being pretty much dead in 5 years they would have laughed thier a$$e$ off at you. It was just a few years back that people could not even make it to all thier major interviews...or were juggling 2 and 3 offers from legacy carriers. You too would have told FEDEX/UPS no thanks and taken the job at DAL, they paid the best and looked like a lifetime job.

No need to rub anyones nose in it. Least he made it there and had a CHANCE to make some real bucks, most of the ones laughing at him wont even get that shot.

Last edited:
Buddy you really need a hobby. Especially when you consider that General Lee has what 5,000+ posts. Perhaps you should concentrate more on your next Star Wars convention. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the thread about me. Yeah, a lot of my quotes have been off. It is amazing reading some of those, makes me laugh actually. At the time I said those things, a lot of them were TRUE. Amazing how they are now not true. Could I have changed things on my own? Nope. I am just a line pilot with an opinion. And, as Gulfstream 200 has put it, I try to stay positive and hope that our leaders have the ability to get things done. Guess what? They really haven't. I can yell and scream with opinions, but nobody would ever care or listen. I am not an MBA yahoo who knows everything (like Lowecur...), but I at least put my head out there with ideas and try to back them up. I am not always correct, but I try.

Keep bringing up the old quotes---and this time look for ones that I got right.

Bye Bye--General Lee (on the way to 10,000 posts)

Last edited:
General Lee said:
And Nimitz, you are a putz. Way to go looking stupid. I try to give my opinions, and you give dumb put downs. Were you a fat bulley in school? Yup, and you're still fat probably. L is for LOSER.

Bye Bye--General Lee (on the way to 10,000 posts)

Talk about looking stupid. Even from the cheap seats I can see he wasn't talking to or about you...rather the thread starter for going to all that trouble digging though 5000+ posts to find those quotes.

Lighten up General. It really ISN'T all about YOU.

General Lee said:
And Nimitz, you are a putz. Way to go looking stupid. I try to give my opinions, and you give dumb put downs. Were you a fat bulley in school? Yup, and you're still fat probably. L is for LOSER.

Ah GL, I'm on your side. I think anybody that tries to put you down by spending the time to look two years back for one of 5,000+ posts needs help with his personal life.

I screwed that up, again. I erased my put downs of Nimitz. Sorry----my fault. Thanks Nimitz, and Thanks Cobb. I get slammed so often sometimes I can't see the good remarks. I apologize to Nimitz.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
So, Citation Lover, besides The General being human and sometimes wrong what else have you learned since 2003?? Are you drawing any conclusions about the industry or individual companies involved?? Care to share?

Latest resources

Back