ahh the wisdom of General Lee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boeingman said:
I'm sorry....did I need permission to chime in? A thousand pardons Sire.

Fraternity bros? There you go again with that envy issue. I didn't look at it as jumping to his defense rather more so pointing out you sound quite immature rubbing salt in the wound. Sounds like you are one of those guys who thinks that your are entitled to step directly into the left seat of a Boeing and bypass the process right? Let me guess PFT? Flying that CRJ beneath your vast experience and exposure to the aviation industry?

Now we are also digressing to regional pilots being underpaid? This has what to do with General's enthusiasm? A little thread drift here?

tell me oh wise one where i rubbed salt in his wound? i posted a quote and said "why are you still listening to him?". is that gray hair impeding your brainwaves from producing rational thought old man?

Gulfstream 200 said:
No.

You started this thread simply to poke at Gen Lee. You seem to take enjoyment out of the fact that his good paying job (and 1000's of others) may be gone forever. "told ya General..haha"

Why is it that so many RJ pilots get off about the demise of the mainline jobs? where do you think you are going?

I figured this was "second career syndrome" the glossy pages of some Comair ad got to you, huh? sick of flying the cubicle?

heck, at least you can go back to that pension consulting job (whatever) after the SJS wears off. Consider yourself lucky!

I guess being an airline pilot is kind of a short term hobby these days anyhow.

Keep the cool uniform though, you can always wear it on Halloween.

again where did i quote haha? you ASSume things that you read. where did i "get off" on the demise of mainline jobs (poking fun at someone who pokes fun at a lot of people is "getting off")? are you that insecure to jump down anyones throat? and no, if you must know i did instruct, fly freight, etc, no pft.

where are you going gulfstream? i'm happy you made more than some regional fo cfi'ing in 1995. i'm happy you make 6 figures flying fat cats around. you must have big biceps from patting yourself on the back.

bottom line is the general got the joke. the rest of you must have forgotten to take your meds. 1st class medicals?!?! all freightnazi did was repeat a post from that same thread (did you read that link)? nah, jump to conclusions.

Last edited:
CitationLover said:
tell me oh wise one where i rubbed salt in his wound? i posted a quote and said "why are you still listening to him?".

Then the point of the thread and your juvenile replies meant what? The inference was obvious to all.

CitationLover said:
Is that gray hair impeding your brainwaves from producing rational thought old man?

I may be a bit aged and a little gray but at least I can see the difference between some douche with a chip on his shoulder and a guy who has earned his way up to a major. The lines are to blurry for you because of that entitlement attitude of yours I guess.

Is Dad & Mom's bank accounts advancing your career combined with some fresh acne pustules impeding your thoughts boy?

Last edited:
Boeingman said:
Then the point of the thread and your juvenile replies meant what? The inference was obvious to all.

I may be a bit aged and a little gray but at least I can see the difference between some douche with a chip on his shoulder and a guy who has earned his way up to a major. The lines are to blurry for you because of that entitlement attitude of yours I guess.

Is Dad & Mom's bank accounts advancing your career combined with some fresh acne postules impeding your thoughts boy?

well boeing you jumped in BEFORE i replied by ATTACKING me personally (ad hominem if you didn't goto college).

ahh there it is: "earned his way up to a major". what is that? if i have 1200 121 PIC sloughing in a 1900, 4000+ TT, 800+ 135 check hauling PIC, 800+ instructing hours, when do I "earn my way"? hmm. 800hrs in an f16 "earns" your way? you talk of me being envious (you bet. i wish i had better QOL, pay, etc: who doesn't?), however you're being downright arrogant.

no thanks. Dad and Mom are fine. speaking of entitlements....when are you going to start cashing your social security check? medicare starts at age 62.

Last edited:
The General has his opinions, some are proved right, some wrong. His positive out look is refreshing in this industry. I would like to point out that when the General is wrong at least he admits it and moves on (some times he even apologizes...gasp!. Some of the posters hardly make that effort. His posts are still worth reading whether you love him or hate him.

CitationLover said:
well boeing you jumped in BEFORE i replied by ATTACKING me personally (ad hominem if you didn't goto college).

ahh there it is: "earned his way up to a major". what is that? if i have 1200 121 PIC sloughing in a 1900, 3000+ TT, 800+ 135 check hauling PIC, 800+ instructing hours, when do I "earn my way"? hmm. 800hrs in an f16 "earns" your way? you talk of me being envy (you bet. i wish i had better QOL, pay, etc: who doesn't?), however you're being downright arrogant.

no thanks. Dad and Mom are fine. speaking of entitlements....when are you going to start cashing your social security check? medicare starts at age 62.

You still don't get it do you? Your replies drip with envy and sarcasim directed towards those who are flying for the majors. You chap my hide because attitudes like yours are the seedlings for discontent and problems with pilots within this industry.

When do you earn your way? Probably when you have the maturity and attitude to get through an interview process. Or are you saying with your entitlement attitude and all that vast experience of yours is not advancing you to where you belong on your flight time alone? I got news for you boy, your hours don't mean jack with an attitude like yours. Enjoy that CRJ, sounds like you'll be flying it for a long time to come.

You're confusing what you percieve as arrogance with brute truth. Perhaps you surround yourself with others who pump that fragile ego of yours (sounds like that lowly CRJ is just killing you) Perhaps Daddy and Mommy blew to much sunshine up your kiester, I don't know what your malfunction is.

Social Security? LMAO. Let me tell you something sport. When the time comes for those checks, they wouldn't pay for one hour in my own airplane. Not to worry, my bankroll is in very healthy shape. Some of us do have outside business interests that allow us disregard this airline mess. It comes in handy when I run into a live version of your ilk it gives me an opportunity to laugh at such breathtaking ignorance.

The bottom line for you is your impression of yourself and how you judge others seems fixed to your current position. Is that because of an inflated ego or lack of self esteem?

Last edited:
dmbfarmer said:
The General has his opinions, some are proved right, some wrong. His positive out look is refreshing in this industry. I would like to point out that when the General is wrong at least he admits it and moves on (some times he even apologizes...gasp!. Some of the posters hardly make that effort. His posts are still worth reading whether you love him or hate him.

agreed hence the ribbing, boeingman doesn't get it (he's part psychologist).

Boeingman said:
You still don't get it do you? Your replies drip with envy and sarcasim directed towards those who are flying for the majors. You chap my hide because attitudes like yours are the seedlings for discontent and problems with pilots within this industry.

When do you earn your way? Probably when you have the maturity and attitude to get through an interview process. Or are you saying with your entitlement attitude and all that vast experience of yours is not advancing you to where you belong on your flight time alone? I got news for you boy, your hours don't mean jack with an attitude like yours. Enjoy that CRJ, sounds like you'll be flying it for a long time to come.

You're confusing what you percieve as arrogance with brute truth. Perhaps you surround yourself with others who pump that fragile ego of yours (sounds like that lowly CRJ is just killing you) Perhaps Daddy and Mommy blew to much sunshine up your kiester, I don't know what your malfunction is.

Social Security? LMAO. Let me tell you something sport. When the time comes for those checks, they wouldn't pay for one hour in my own airplane. Not to worry, my bankroll is in very healthy shape. Some of us do have outside business interests that allow us disregard this airline mess. It comes in handy when I run into a live version of your ilk it gives me an opportunity to laugh at such breathtaking ignorance.

The bottom line for you is your impression of yourself and how you judge others seems fixed to your current position. Is that because of an inflated ego or lack of self esteem?

ok we disagree. no more with you.

fyi, most pft'ers are sons/daughters of major airline daddies/mommies who want their children "to get the jump on their careers". we are our own worst enemies.

General, I don't know you personally but you seem like a good guy. Ignore the remarks from a few and keep the faith. Best of luck to you and all the nice folks at DAL.

Latest resources

Back