• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AGE 65 now LAW!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So the FAA is now the good guys? They all of a sudden have the wisdom and the willingness to make rules that make this industry safer? You had a good thing going there until the last paragraph.

Well, the FAA is a hell of a lot more qualified and trustworthy than the Gdamn Senate and W to do it!!!!!!!

You want the Senate imposing the next round of Duty Time restrictions on you? You think the airlines might be able to out-lobby you on that one?

If you honestly think attrition plays no part in career advancement regardless of growth, you are a fool.
ZERO Growth and 500 pilots retiring means they need to hire 500 more to replace them. It is very simple math.
If every pilot who's retired in the last 10 years were still on the property, you think you'd have a job?

If you honestly believe that I said attrition plays no part in upgrades, you are a fool. RTFP.

As to your last question, yes I would still be employed. There are more people below me on our seniority list than have retired in the last 10 years.

Age 65 Rule

I'm curious as to how many FOs out there are truly upset with it. I just want to see what others think. I for one don't think it is a bad. I know it will delay a CAPT upgrade, but we will be employed for 5 more years. What does everyone else think?

Does Bush even know what an airplane or n airline pilot is?
I am sure he does, since Frank Lorenzo is his family's expert adviser on commercial aviation. Everybody who voted for Bush can thank themselves for the results since he took the presidency. Use your own metric.
PBR

Whatever, I'm done at 60 no matter what, my feet in the water and a drink in my hand. Y'all can raise it to 70 if you want, fly until you die...

I'm curious as to how many FOs out there are truly upset with it. I just want to see what others think. I for one don't think it is a bad. I know it will delay a CAPT upgrade, but we will be employed for 5 more years. What does everyone else think?
Why on earth would you want to be employed for 5 more years? Buy a boat. Take a vacation. Drive across the country in an RV. Do something other than flying airplanes until the day you die!!!

People strongly argued the merits of slavery at one time. Today, it is not even discussed. The court of public opinion is closed. I suspect in time, people will see the age 60 issue as clearly as they see the slavery issue today. I doubt that many of those who support this discrimination so passionately today will be proud to admit to their grandchildren in 2087 that they ardently supported age discrimination in 2007.
If you say so.

I somehow doubt that, 80 years from now, people will even give age 65 a second thought, although the issue of slavery will likely be as vilified as it is now...

Hell, my 11 year old doesn't know what we're talking about, isn't old enough to support much of anything except for Hannah Montana, and likely will either be gone 80 years from now or, at 91, won't be able to tell you what she was doing at age 11.

Might be wrong, but I won't be here to worry about it anyway. :) Like I said, I agree with you on the subject, just disagree with your analogy; it's easier to debate someone with comparisons that are actually pertinent to the discussion, otherwise they tune you out.

Why on earth would you want to be employed for 5 more years? Buy a boat. Take a vacation. Drive across the country in an RV. Do something other than flying airplanes until the day you die!!!
Why?

At that age, I want to have enough disposable income to buy a girl that looks similar to the sports chick in Olympus' avatar, and the only way to do that at age 60 is to be Arnold Schwarzenegger (whose wife vaguely resembles said sports chick), or still work to afford to keep my playtoy.

What... something wrong with that? ;) :D

Latest resources

Back