• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 60 informal poll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abolish the Age 60 Rule for other that Part 91 pilots?

• Yea

Votes: 668 35.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 1,214 64.5%

• Total voters
go back about 700 posts on this thread and you will find hte age 60 thing had nothing to do wit hsafety. It wasa pay issue for senior pilots, AAL head CR Smith wanted to get rid of hi paid pilots, so he made a deal with the head of FAA a WWII general buddy to pass this age restriction.

AAAAARRRRGH! Stop with the ridiculous notion that this is somehow an age discrimination or any kind of discrimination issue! For the love of all that's in the least bit rational...

Age 31 Rule

I think we ought to make the new retirement age 31... for one year. Then go back to age 60. This would be the most fair all the way around... a little something for everyone.

Hey, if you can't beat the "I've got mine" crowd, join 'em!

If you're senior...

...then the sole reason you enjoy the schedules and QOL that you do is because someone retired at age 60.

I'll support the change to age 65 when there's a true shortage of pilots in the U.S., i.e., no one left on furlough.

stlflyguy

stlflyguy said:
...then the sole reason you enjoy the schedules and QOL that you do is because someone retired at age 60.
stlflyguy

When I hired on to my company, I was older than 90% of the pilots senior to me. Many pilots have four or five different uniforms in their closet, gaining seniority only in age, and need to work beyond age 60 just to enjoy a decent retirement. Why should a 60 year old pilot be forced into poverty just so someone else can move up the seniority list?

The age 60 rule is a curse that must be broken, if we do not break that curse now we may never be rid of it.

Latest resources

Back