• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 60 Back Again!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys like Jim that cheapen the profession? What about all the other carriers lowering the bar, daily...

A 401K is better then the PBG&C anyday...sadly, the folks at UAL couldn't part-take in a 401K because of their A & B funds, which now are lost..

SWA/FO said:
Guys like Jim that cheapen the profession? What about all the other carriers lowering the bar, daily...

A 401K is better then the PBG&C anyday...sadly, the folks at UAL couldn't part-take in a 401K because of their A & B funds, which now are lost..

Just because guys are unprepared and believed they would have a pension in the future, doesn't excuse the fact that they did not act fiscally responsible. Man, I bet that huge boat they bought a few years ago sure does suk a lot of expensive gas now! Time to sell it. And, this will be a great lesson for all of the current younger guys to watch. Save up and never believe you will get a pension. If you do, then great, but otherwise save like you will not get one.

The Supreme Court ruled once that the Age 65 rule wouldn't work (they would have to change the rules for policemen and firemen too), and it won't likely pass in the future. Most of the members of ALPA will vote against it too. It's just not safe in the long run.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Thanks For Your Support!

ferlo said:
ALL THOSE OPPOSED TO RAISING THE AGE 60 RULE!!!!

These are the people that are going to decide if the unprepared senior guys should be allowed to sell us all down the river. Contact them and voice your opinion.

NO ON S.65!!!!!
The U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation has initiated a surprise attempt to forward legislation to the full Senate affecting the age 60 mandatory airline pilot retirement age. Members of the committee have crafted legislation which would raise the U.S. pilot retirement age in order to match a proposed European standard airline pilot retirement age. This legislation will be addressed by the committee during a mark-up session on Nov. 17. The members of this Senate committee are:

Ted Stevens - Chairman - Alaska

John McCain - Arizona
Conrad Burns - Montana
Trent Lott - Mississippi
Kay Bailey Hutchison - Texas
Olympia Snowe - Maine
Gordon Smith - Oregon
John Ensign - Nevada
George Allen - Virginia
John Sununu - New Hampshire
Jim DeMint - South Carolina
David Vitter - Louisiana
Daniel K. Inouye - Vice Chairman - Hawaii
John D. Rockefeller IV - West Virginia
John F. Kerry - Massachusetts
Byron L. Dorgan - North Dakota
Barbara Boxer - California
Bill Nelson - Florida
Maria Cantwell - Washington
Frank Lautenberg - New Jersey
E. Benjamin Nelson - Nebraska
Mark Pryor - Arkansas

All APA members should expect to receive a "legislative alert" via e-mail which will urge each of you to link to the APA Web site in order to send a faxed letter to any or all of these senators highlighting our safety concerns associated with any increase in the mandatory retirement age. This nationwide targeted lobbying effort is being coordinated with Air Line Pilots Association and other pilot groups.
The future of this legislation will be decided by these senators over the next two weeks. Your input has tremendous value -- use that influence and make a difference! As always, our legislative efforts are only as successful as the membership participation behind them.--Legislative Affairs Committee

Now we know who to call to SUPPORT S. 65!

I just called to let him know i was opposed, and his secretary sounded HOT. VERY VERY HOT.

For God's sake enough with the stupid "safety" aspect of it. Just be a man and say you oppose it because it will affect your, 1. Upgrade 2. Furlough 3. QOL or whatever you want to insert here. The one thing I hate hearing so much is the idiotic statement "it's unsafe". At least have some balls and say why you really oppose it. I could care less about it, but with these whiners it makes me want to call my congressman and support it, just because they come off like idiots in their argument.:puke:

canyonblue said:
For God's sake enough with the stupid "safety" aspect of it. Just be a man and say you oppose it because it will affect your, 1. Upgrade 2. Furlough 3. QOL or whatever you want to insert here. The one thing I hate hearing so much is the idiotic statement "it's unsafe". At least have some balls and say why you really oppose it. I could care less about it, but with these whiners it makes me want to call my congressman and support it, just because they come off like idiots in their argument.:puke:

Be a man? Ok there chief. You need to acknowledge that by age 60 it is a vastly different ballgame compared to when you were a young wippersnapper like yourself. Think of how many landings and takeoffs your 60 year old WN captains have had? They are probably absolutely exhausted, worn out to the max, and have no hearing left. "What? What was that? Where are we? This is my 6th leg of the day and the 60000th leg this decade. Time to bring an EKG machine on every plane...." Most are not like that, but allowing a few is dangerous. You know I am right. Be a man about it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General Lee said:
Be a man? Ok there chief. You need to acknowledge that by age 60 it is a vastly different ballgame compared to when you were a young wippersnapper like yourself. Think of how many landings and takeoffs your 60 year old WN captains have had? They are probably absolutely exhausted, worn out to the max, and have no hearing left. "What? What was that? Where are we? This is my 6th leg of the day and the 60000th leg this decade. Time to bring an EKG machine on every plane...." Most are not like that, but allowing a few is dangerous. You know I am right. Be a man about it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Typical General Lee comment.:puke: Worn out Captains? You are a moron, lets celebrate 6000 posts. 6000 comments of crap. Thanks for swaying my decision, if only to wreck your miserable life..

Who on this thread opposes Age 60 because of personal gain in your 30-40's, i.e. it will take longer to upgrade? Who opposes this because you really want to get fired for turning 60 in the height of your income earning years?
This whole issue has nothing to do with anything other than the fact that C.R, Smith used his son-in-law to help him bust a union rule. They just used the training stuff as an excuse. I beleive that most young guys who oppose age 60 now, will be pi$$ed off around their 60th birthday.

Last edited:
AA has an A & B Fund and a 401k.

SWA/FO said:

canyonblue said:
Typical General Lee comment.:puke: Worn out Captains? You are a moron, lets celebrate 6000 posts. 6000 comments of crap. Thanks for swaying my decision, if only to wreck your miserable life..

Ah hahahahahhaha. I have succeeded again in making you mad. Mission accomplished. I can die happy. Dork! 6000 more are coming your way.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back