• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aerobatic Maneuvers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You fill out an FAA form. I think it's an 8710-7. I looked into it a while back when I was buying a Pitts. That fell through and so did my search.

Have to call the friendly neighborhood airshow performer and find out some details.

FlyingFisherman said:
It's not as blissful as ignorance. But, hey it's an anonymous forum. You wouldn't get away with making light of a down aero pilot in person with any competition, IAC or enthusiast circles.

I learned that lesson when I made a comment on a poor aileron roll done by a sukhoi pilot while practicing in her new airplane. 3 guys (world class competition pilots) came to me quietly and privately one by one to make sure I understood clearly that you do not make fun of other people's aerobatics. I would consider myself fortunate I learned the lessons I learned at 20. Unfortunately you've never flown IAC. You'd know better.

Wow, then you hung out with some pilots with super fragile egos.
When I was donig the IAC, competition, airshow thing, we made fun of everyone mistakes. No holds barred.

Ill Mitch said:
When I was donig the IAC, competition, airshow thing, we made fun of everyone mistakes. No holds barred.
I think they were mad at his comments because of his whuffo status.

Ill Mitch said:

I was new, I made a pretty nasty comment. I didn't know the person and they knew that. Lesson learned. It wasn't ribbing friends...and FNFAL certainly isn't a friendly ribbing toward the WMU kid using someone's untimely death as a joke.

I was out of line then, would be nice for FNFAL to see that he's out of line now.

FlyingFisherman said:
I was new, I made a pretty nasty comment. I didn't know the person and they knew that. Lesson learned. It wasn't ribbing friends...and FNFAL certainly isn't a friendly ribbing toward the WMU kid using someone's untimely death as a joke.

I was out of line then, would be nice for FNFAL to see that he's out of line now.
Dude, if people wan't to do wheelies with their Ninja's, rock climb without safety equipment and fly their high performance aerobatic planes upside down and it ends badly...booyah. Not my problem and honestly, I don't care what the rednecks down at International Dudes Doing Wheelies with Sportbikes say when some 24 year-old gets creamed on Ninja doing stunts. If they don't like it, I'll have my posse down at the United States Parachute Association come and talk to them quietly in their hotel rooms.

No one asked you to give a crap, just for some common courtesy (and no, having nothing to do with a reach-around.)

Wow, I dont check out my Email for a couple days and a thread I thought had died has grown.
So I guess you can tell now that it wasn't me in the crash.

FlyingFisherman said:

I didnt mind it. I've been around long enough to not let anything like that bother me, even if I had found it slightly offensive, which I didnt.

FN FAL said:
I never critiqued anyone's flying, I just asked the guy who wanted to learn aerobatic flying in an EXTRA by reading from the internet, if that was him.

I wasn't expecting to learn Aerobatic flying in an EXTRA by reading, anymore than a student who reads about stalls knows how to do them. I was just looking for a little info so I would be more prepared for the lesson.

WMUchickenhawk said:
I didnt mind it. I've been around long enough to not let anything like that bother me, even if I had found it slightly offensive, which I didnt.

I wasn't talking about you there Mr. Stuckup :)

I was talking about an incident from when I lived in Florida two years ago and when I learned to keep my mouth shut except when eating humble pie. I had two pieces that day.

Latest resources

Back