Aerobatic Maneuvers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WMUchickenhawk

Does anybody know of a website that has instructions for aerobatic maneuvers? Tomorrow morning i'm in an Extra, and would like some ideas.

Now assuming you actually are going to be kosher...here are a few of "Flying Fisherman's Aerobatics Tips For Dummies"

Aileron Roll - Piece of cake in an Extra (200 or 300?) In fact you might do three of them before you figure out what happened and move the stick 1/2" to the right.

Barrel Roll - A good one shows mastery of coordination. Good luck.

Hammerhead - Do these to the left.

Tail Slide - Don't do these in C-152 Aerobats. Trust me. Even if all you did was feck up a loop.

English Bunt - Second half of an outside loop. If ground is a concern upon entry to the maneuver immediately perform an Outside English Bunt.

Snap Roll - Most likely to happen on your first attempt at an aileron roll or simply a change of heading. "WTF!!!!" will happen prior to this maneuver by approx 1 second while your body is thrown to the side of the cockpit pressing down on the rudder. That will double F- you up because you're out of whack on all three axis.

Sick Sack - Essential piece of equipment. Wear cargo pants and keep two in each leg pocket.

Cloth Helmet - Make sure you have a good leather strap. If you don't have a cloth helmet...you're not serious and won't be doing anything other than taking a tour in a touchy airplane.

FlyingFisherman said:
www.iac.org

I certainly hope you're not going alone. If you are...please PM me and let me take out an insurance policy on your life with me as the sole beneficiary.

No, I'll have an instructor aboard. Im not tailwheel, or high performance certified. Its a 300L

Last edited:
The point of those lessons in the Extra is more about spin training and unusual attitudes. The point is to eventualy get your spin endoresemnt for your CFI.

I would study spin material, the instructor will talk you through and teach you some acrobatics stuff if time permits. If your going with an instructor whose initials are M.R., PM me, he is a friend of mine.

WMU has the aerobatics class, where you get to focus on the manuevers you are talking about.

wmuflyguy said:
The point of those lessons in the Extra is more about spin training and unusual attitudes. The point is to eventualy get your spin endoresemnt for your CFI.

I would study spin material, the instructor will talk you through and teach you some acrobatics stuff if time permits. If your going with an instructor whose initials are M.R., PM me, he is a friend of mine.

WMU has the aerobatics class, where you get to focus on the manuevers you are talking about.
The lesson takes about 45 minutes to do, but we have the plane for an hour, so he told me I'd get about 15 minutes to "play around" with it. I dont plan on having much time to play around. Thats why I wanted the info so I can do as much as possible, pick out a few maneuvers that look like fun and do those. I'm not with MR, im with MW, though MR would have been fun too.

Last edited:
WMUchickenhawk said:
The lesson takes about 45 minutes to do, but we have the plane for an hour, so he told me I'd get about 15 minutes to "play around" with it. I dont plan on having much time to play around. Thats why I wanted the info so I can do as much as possible, pick out a few maneuvers that look like fun and do those. I'm not with MR, im with MW, though MR would have been fun too.

MW did my CFI, good guy, I was his first CFI student. He is definately one of the best instructors there

Latest resources

Back