Aerobatic Maneuvers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WMUchickenhawk said:
I wasn't expecting to learn Aerobatic flying in an EXTRA by reading, anymore than a student who reads about stalls knows how to do them. I was just looking for a little info so I would be more prepared for the lesson.
That's a very good attitude to have and I'm glad to hear that you would put forth the effort. Good luck with learning this new facet of aviation and be careful out there. Which I am sure you will be.

FlyingFisherman said:
There are a couple things you never want to hear in an airplane.

One is "Oh S!@T"

Another is a loud "SNAP" or "BANG"

You'll get both.

Now...didn't happen to me but the guy who checked me out in a Pitts. It's one of those stories that makes the hair on your neck stand up and make you make sure if you ever loop a 152 (I have) you aren't 15 knots too slow.

i belive they usualy occur in the other order, and boy/girls take advice from and old instuctor. Dont play top gun in the cessna i poped a rudder cable once in a spin recovery. was sure i was gona die.

I attended Nick's memorial today.

There were at least 500 people there and it was really beautiful. I don't know if I've ever known anyone that loved aerobatics more than Nick did and all he ever wanted to be was an airshow pilot. He was an incredibly down to earth and positive person and I think it showed in the number of people that showed up and the stories about him they told.

Sean Tucker spoke and nearly cried.

Latest resources

Back