Aerobatic Maneuvers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't buy it.

The guy in the article is an accomplished pilot.

The WMU guy is most likely not in california but...get this...at WMU. Most likely such a place is located in Western Michigan but I can only speculate.

You were, and very poorly, trying to be funny making light of someone's death. I'll keep that in mind when I read about you in a smoking hole.

FlyingFisherman said:
I don't buy it.

The WMU guy is most likely not in california but...get this...at WMU. Most likely such a place is located in Western Michigan but I can only speculate.

You were, and very poorly, trying to be funny making light of someone's death. I'll keep that in mind when I read about you in a smoking hole.
Define "is".

FlyingFisherman said:
I don't buy it.

It is in Western Michigan.

The article said he was flying a Extra-300S. WMU has -300L's I believe (tandem seating).

Chickenhawk wouldn't be alone in the plane, he would be with a properly qualified instructor, the one he was scheduled to go with I know personally and is a great instrucor and a stand up guy.

When it comes to aerobatics and a display...nope. I'm not exactly sure of the waivers required but they exist. Thanks for the homework assignment :)

On the other hand, I've flown all four positions in a finger 4 of 172s doing a flyby on the way to breakfast more than once ;)

No, FAA doesn't run the low level competency program. ICAS does. The Feds don't want to be involved. I believe it goes 800', then 500', then 250', then surface.

Huggyu2 said:
then surface.
Is that a submarine??
I thought we were talking about airplanes.

Huggyu2 said:
No, FAA doesn't run the low level competency program. ICAS does. The Feds don't want to be involved. I believe it goes 800', then 500', then 250', then surface.

The feds have to be involved on some level because going below 1000' in congested area or below 500' in a non-congested area is a direct violation of the FARs.

Latest resources

Back