Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AND I'LL STILL BE MAKING MORE THAN YOU!

THE MORE I FLY THE MORE I GET PAID...

No CAPS, The only Bank I see is the one where my check Goes!!

TO ALL THE AAI GUYS, Welcome aboard!

2 more Business days!

KBB

Are you sure about that? I am senior enough to get greenslips on my days off, and I do very well. We don't have "banks" or limits for pay. Talking out your rear again, are you? And at the same time, I don't have to go anywhere near West Texas. YOU DO!!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA. In a 737-300 too. No thanks partner..

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I love it how the MORONS from DAL (they know who they are!) come on here spewing about Arbitration... You know nothing about it, You guys took the money (Stock Options) and settled, You sold yourselves out. AAI/SWA will come to a negotiated settlement, They will vote on it. If 1 of the 2 groups decides they don't like it and wants to go to Arbitration, SO be it!

WE (the pilots of SWA and AAI) are tired of your opinion, stop going on every post and discussing what is none of your business!

Misery loves company, when it's all said and done, we are gonna kick your a$$!

{and before the biggest MORON of them all (you know who you are) mentions SLC, wake up, I've been there, their is nothing there!!!! That's why we "shrunk it", as you say...It's a Hub and Spoke operation for you, I'd be shocked if we still didn't pull more people out of there, AND if it were not for regional feed (NOTE: WE HAVE SCOPE, WE HAVE NO REGIONAL FEED... WE PAY NO ONE TO MOVE OUR PASSENGERS!), I'd guarantee we'd be pulling more people out of there.

So while you're in Africa or Timbuktu or WHERE EVER you go one leg out for 10 plus hours and one leg back, carrying maybe 300 passengers, I'm flying 3 or 4 legs a day carrying 25% more. (137 x 3 = 411) and if I do another leg (548), or another leg ETC. ETC. ETC., I can go on if you need help with the math. And if our A/C flies 12 hour days at 1.5 hour legs that's more than 1000 people a day, Yes, you may have higher yields BUT I have yet to see an A/C that could carry 1000 people!

SO while you guys have handed over domestic flying, we have gladly picked it up for 40 years, and we'll continue to do so!

KBB

Ummmmm, say what? Took the money? That was before the arbitration. There was a JOINT contract BEFORE the SLI. That was something you and USAir didn't do. NOT SMART. A raise prior to the SLI arbitration helps with the sting of the integration. USAir didn't do that, and that has worked wonders for them, and probably will for you too.....

DL pilots did get stock, and a slight raise on the DL side, and a larger raise on the NWA side per hour. They also negotiated during $130 a barrel oil. That might be an excuse, but everyone thought it was going to $150 or higher at the time. The current contract expires end of next year, and then Dalpa will use yours (including the Airtran pilots---they will LUV it, thanks) and raise it significantly, and then watch all of your junior pilots jump ship to try to get to DL. No more West Texas for them!

Do you think DL widebodies just fly out to wherever and then sit for a day? They come right back to the hub, and then go out again. DL 757s in ATL do 6 or 7 legs a day, and then fly allnight. (something your planes do not do, yet---Airtran guys do it, so hopefully you will too, enjoy it) Your math ain't that great, but you probably are from West Texas, and spent most of your time injured on the sidelines during Friday Night Lights High School football, looking at the cute Band leader, a guy named Franky. You probably next followed him to Hollywood.

Delta domestic flying has taken a hit in the last 20 years, but the addition of more MD90s, and now being able to put the right sized plane on the correct route, Delta is doing a lot better. 50 seat RJs are leaving fast, and that improves the product, no doubt. Your own product, the first class section at Airtran and the free XM radio will soon be gone, and your certain frowns from your SLI award won't liven the mood at all. Oh well, at least you have MAF.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Bottom line, Delta sucks! :puke:

Always has, always will. Then again, everyone always needs a second choice.:laugh:

GL....How much did mighty Delta make last qtr?

The DL CFO stated in a company memo that DL generated $800 million in cash, and used some of that to pay down debt, last quarter. Profit wise, DL did not show one, rather a loss of $318 million, which was about the same as the same quarter last year. After that, Delta generated a very large profit for the year, dwarfing yours. In the past 18 months, Delta has paid down $2.5 BILLION in debt, and is aiming for more. That is what is important. SWA just added $1.3 billion in debt buying Airtran, and will add more just to pay them all the same as SWA employees. Looks like air fare cuts aren't in the immediate future....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Bottom line, Delta sucks! :puke:

Always has, always will. Then again, everyone always needs a second choice.:laugh:

You may consider Delta after you see your SLI award after arbitration. A Delta 737 may be a lot better than your future 717 right seat to Tunica.

Bye Bye---General Lee

14,809 and all we hear is Blah, Blah, Blah!

Nobody cares! DAL is the greatest Airline ever Yeah! I wish I could wear some of that double breasted polyester....Yeah, after the SLI, i'll be applying to DAL because of the great Pay check (NOT!) Man, a pay cut and Polyester, how could one resist?

and contrary to your belief, I don't go to West Texas (Unless I'm going to see your Mother and I'd rather not do that, all she ever wants is Child Support for her son who is an "Airline Pilot"...

and BTW, a 75 is not a wide body, no matter what ALPO calls it or how it's negotiated! Generally wide bodies have two aisles.

Don't go away Mad....Just go away!

KBB

14,809 and all we hear is Blah, Blah, Blah!

Nobody cares! DAL is the greatest Airline ever Yeah! I wish I could wear some of that double breasted polyester....Yeah, after the SLI, i'll be applying to DAL because of the great Pay check (NOT!) Man, a pay cut and Polyester, how could one resist?

and contrary to your belief, I don't go to West Texas (Unless I'm going to see your Mother and I'd rather not do that, all she ever wants is Child Support for her son who is an "Airline Pilot"...

and BTW, a 75 is not a wide body, no matter what ALPO calls it or how it's negotiated! Generally wide bodies have two aisles.

Don't go away Mad....Just go away!

KBB

Like most airlines with both 757s and 767s, the pilots fly both planes. Just like you getting to fly the 735, 733, and your only advanced plane, the -700. You don't only fly the -300, do you? Intra Texas stuff? Yuck.

Yet another good thing about Delta is that if you want more "twin aisle" time, you can also bid even bigger planes, like the 767-400 (a separate category), the A330, the 777, and then the Whale. You, on the otherhand, will probably bid down to the 717 to be the most senior FO in your future Omaha base. Good luck and bring more KBB, you'll need it.

OYS

Hey Gen/OYS I'll bite. I'm an 8 year FO at Wn.

What do you wanna look at? Total pay, pay vs block hours, pay vs time away from base?

You pick the metric.

But I know the answer, you'll dance around it and make some crack about AMA or the like. That's cool, but if you really wanna compare real numbers, throw them out there. No more 'green slip- bank- limits' hypothetical stuff- hard pay. Block hours. Real data points. Who really cares about the size of the jet, I thought it was really about the size of the check and the time off.

Up for it?

Total: Block/pay/nights in hotel/??

You pick and we'll compare apples to apples.

BD32

Last edited:
Hey Gen/OYS I'll bite. I'm an 8 year FO at Wn.

What do you wanna look at? Total pay, pay vs block hours, pay vs time away from base?

You pick the metric.

But I know the answer, you'll dance around it and make some crack about AMA or the like. That's cool, but if you really wanna compare real numbers, throw them out there. No more 'green slip- bank- limits' hypothetical stuff- hard pay. Block hours. Real data points. Who really cares about the size of the jet, I thought it was really about the size of the check and the time off.

Up for it

Total: Block/pay/nights in hotel/??

You pick and we'll compare apples to apples.

BD32

I don't think anyone has disputed the fact that your contract isn't currently better than Delta's. Before DL's BK, their contract was probably better than your current one. (I wasn't at Delta then). To say that we won't get your current contract or one similar in the near future is wrong too, Delta knows they have to pay up, and rumors are abound that they have already offered a SWA plus payscale to get a 5 year contract, but with notable gaps that still need to be addressed. The important thing for you will be what will you say when (not if) the Delta contract exceeds yours, how will you differentiate them then? You get to fly more legs per day? You have a better chance to fly a narrowbody? You won't know what to say. Enjoy your CURRENT industry leading contract. That won't last forever.

OYS

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back