According to Captain Reason......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
quote from Blue Bayou"

"What about the FO? Maybe the FO could've helped the Captain out by confronting him; if he never made it to the plane, nothing would have happened(except a phone call to scheduling/chief pilot). It goes a long way to operating an aircraft as a crew-- we need to back each other up more."

Gimmie a break!!

How about personal responsibility??

It's simple. You wanna go and play airline captain and carry a gun......DON'T DRINK when you shouldn't be. Period. Nobody else should have to watch out for you.

We hav'nt had colonel angus around here for a long time. I know everybody is happy to have colonel angus again.

after colonel angus retired he went back to his given name anal angus.

Last edited:
I dont think its fair to say the FO should have intervened. How am I supposed to know if the other guy was drinking long into the night, unless he tells me? I usually dont go around sniffing his breath, unlike our TSA buddies.

Maybe the FO could've helped the Captain out by confronting him;

Maybe he was scared he'd shoot him.

Seriously - dude smelled of alcohol and had a weapon. Maybe the F/O was doing his part by not getting into the cockpit. I would have thought twice about stirring him up, myself. This ain't the traditional interview scenario. This was guy with a firearm, a federal ID and a buzz on.

mmmdonut said:
I love that joke!

The whole thing seems like a bad joke...

His name for one....

It just gets worse and worse..

Saw that the AWA Capt/FO will be prosecuted by the state of florida after all.

Went all the way to the Supreme Court.

Huck said:
Maybe he was scared he'd shoot him.

This ain't the traditional interview scenario. This was guy with a firearm, a federal ID and a buzz on.
Rolling in the floor LOL
Huck said:
This guy with a firearm, a federal ID and a buzz on...walks into a bar with a monkey....

Last edited:
Well, if this guy reeked of alcohol, I'm sure the F/O could've smelled him out. My feeling is that all crewmembers have a responsibility. If that TSA guy didn't get him, would you allow the Captain to take control of that plane if you were the FO? If it was caught at say, the hotel at bus time, we all wouldn't be smacking this guy right now, nor would Airtran suffer the bad press that goes with it. RESPONSIBILITY is a crew RESPONSIBILITY, how 'bout that!!!

BLUE BAYOU said:
Well, if this guy reeked of alcohol, I'm sure the F/O could've smelled him out. My feeling is that all crewmembers have a responsibility. If that TSA guy didn't get him, would you allow the Captain to take control of that plane if you were the FO? If it was caught at say, the hotel at bus time, we all wouldn't be smacking this guy right now, nor would Airtran suffer the bad press that goes with it. RESPONSIBILITY is a crew RESPONSIBILITY, how 'bout that!!!

How about this: You and everyone here that has all the opinions and answers about this incident don't know ANYTHING about the circumstances of the incident.

Was there in fact a "CREW" that accompanied this individual from the hotel? Was this individual even staying at the hotel and did he arrive at the aircraft with the crew? I'll give you geniuses something to think about.... AirTran doesn't have Flight attendants that overnight in LAS, and therefore weren't even with the Pilots, and in fact arrived in LAS an hour earlier WITH THE AIRCRAFT.

How about the First Officer? Did he arrive at the airport by himself because he lives in LAS and went home, or did the Captain arrive after the First Officer, and in fact maybe the First Officer hadn't even had contact with the Captain when the Police Dept confronted the Captain in the aircraft galley?

You all seem to talk out your a$$, so please continue... it gives me a chance to see who the real professionals are around here.

BTW - The Police reports were enough to get this individual fired from AirTran today, and if convicted, his actions are inexcuseable.... and he will rightfully so be labelled as such, much like some of the assinie comments from a few a$$holes.... I mean..... this esteemed group here on this thread.

FL717, take a chill pill dude. There are a lot of IFs-- there is always a chain of events, if at any point someone could've stopped him from going to the airport, your airline wouldn't be going through all this. All I suggested in my original post was that we need to back each other up more-- so IF there was an FO around, it would've been nice for him to have confronted the captain IF he thought he wasn't in great shape... He was arrested in the cockpit of the aircraft, so at some point there was an FO around, I hope!!! Unless it was cold and raining outside, then he was probably out doing the walk-around, heheh...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back