• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

According to Captain Reason......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Only in America can you get wasted, strap on your piece and attempt to fly an airliner full of passengers around the country!

In all seriousness, whoever leaked his FFDO status to the press. (Some TSA mouth-breather no doubt) should be criminally prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.

As far as whats-his-face, good ridance. Maybe he go on Oprah and cry about how it was all _________'s (Pick an opressor) fault.

Reading the posts on these threads from supposed airline types only enhance the prevailing perception that airline pilots are a bunch of egotistical, ignorant, loud mouthed punks, that have only the ability to whine and cry, while attempting to appear remotely intellectual.

They fail miserably.

Sy-bill said:
Drunk pilots will always hit the news every now and then. Alcohol is a problem in every part of our society. It happens to every airline. To every work group.

True, but it really stinks when it happens to your airline. When it does hit the news, it's a really big deal because our customers perceive it to be a big deal. Will this make the difference in their decision of whether they'll fly AirTran, or America West, or Northwest next...only time will tell. I hope not, obviously. I think the company handled it pretty swiftly, and hopefully we can move forward. I'm embarrassed for the entire profession, and specifically for my fellow pilots at FL who are out there trying to do things the right way.

Sy-bill said:
He took a calculated risk on himself and lost for the time being...He was arrested in the cockpit. i think his intention was to go flying.

I don't think that's the calculated risks the customers and the company are paying us to take. I'm thinking more along the lines of a Cat II or Cat III approach.

What about the FO? Maybe the FO could've helped the Captain out by confronting him; if he never made it to the plane, nothing would have happened(except a phone call to scheduling/chief pilot). It goes a long way to operating an aircraft as a crew-- we need to back each other up more.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back