• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

According to Captain Reason......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What I don't understand is, why didn't they let things progress along untill the co-pilot had culpability?

For crying out loud, co-pilots whine about logging this and that, but they never whine about going down with captain!

I say, it's high time them co-pilot pukes went down with captain or were forced to do some hari kari shchit. Split some time logging that, you pukes.

BLUE BAYOU said:
FL717, take a chill pill dude. There are a lot of IFs-- there is always a chain of events, if at any point someone could've stopped him from going to the airport, your airline wouldn't be going through all this. All I suggested in my original post was that we need to back each other up more-- so IF there was an FO around, it would've been nice for him to have confronted the captain IF he thought he wasn't in great shape... He was arrested in the cockpit of the aircraft, so at some point there was an FO around, I hope!!! Unless it was cold and raining outside, then he was probably out doing the walk-around, heheh...

I agree with your "teamwork" chain of events attitude. This is a classic CRM situation question that we have all had asked during interviews.

What I disagree with is the erroneous assumptions stated as fact by people on these forums, from simply reading press releases.

Here is an example: Read YOUR statement above that I have underlined in bold. "He was arrested in the cockpit of the aircraft, so at some point there was an FO around,"

You pass this statement as fact. Here is the fact: He was confronted in the aircraft galley as he boarded the aircraft...... not the cockpit. The LAS Police Dept told him he had a family emergency and got him off the aircraft BEFORE he was able to interact closely with anyone.

That is my only point.

Again... IF convicted... then "F" him and good riddance.

I agree- there is entirely too much speculation about this incident. Much more than it deserves.

If it is true, then this guy has a problem . . . a problem that just cost him several million dollars, gave our company a black eye, and the FFDO program.

How about we all give it a rest. This guy just went from tenth year CA pay of about $155,000./yr to nothing, plus a whole bunch of legal bills. I'd say he has enough grief coming.

Not a "leak" of information

The FFDO status is fair game. Look at it from the media perspective. As much as I dislike some of the media folks out there, they do have a job to do and that is TO ASK QUESTIONS! I did a lot of work with reporters when I was in the Navy, and one thing was always stressed by our Public Affairs folks. Don't ever lie to them.

They come with a list of questions to any story. Where was the plane going? What time was this discovered? How many people were onboard? And in this day and age, they are guaranteed to ask: Was the pilot armed? To not ask it would be remiss, and to not answer it would be a coverup.

I did laugh at the "one and a fifth" joke though........

Catfish

Latest resources

Back