• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Abx?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not sure about PDX-ANC, but the trip being referred to is ILN-ANC. According to scheduling. Also the IAH (if we get it) will be day/night.

It does seem like the picture is clearing up a bit, although our new paradigm in the DHL/ACMI world means that schedule/city changes will be the norm. The days of camping out on certain weekends or racetracked cities may come to an end for most. Plenty of "junior" crewmembers never got to join that party anyway.

Right now it looks like we're heading for an all 767 fleet, maybe 70 or so by the time the 9's are parked? If you run the numbers of retirements/training cycles/staffing for international flights we should all keep our jobs, though there's not any big hiring booms in that scenario.

It appears to me that DHL's U.S. strategy is going to involve through-stopping or dropping smaller cities, so that's why I'm thinking there won't be a smaller "replacement airplane" for the DC-9. It seems that DHL is planning to focus on their global market share and not attempt to expand against FedEx/UPS in the U.S. If they can put together all the pieces they've bought, maybe they'll return to that in the future.

I can't even guess about Astar's role. 70 767's isn't nearly enough lift for even a streamlined or reduced U.S. presence. Apparently DHL is forced to keep them flying under the current ACMI, but I'm sure DHL would like to replace the DC8/727/A300 fleet in the next 5 years also.

Sorry, I didn't take notes, so stuff keepes coming back to me slowly. They said in bottoms up, that they are thinking of having a "super" bid that stretches out into the future, so they can see where people will be moving to/from. They didn't say "hiring", but got the impression, they want to see where the needs will be so they can plan for that as needed.

Thanks for the info from the pilot meeting, MJH767.

ABX website updates are running behind this week. Anyone know the breakdown on the proffer awards? Don't need names, just curious what seats the bids came from.

Thanks for the info from the pilot meeting, MJH767.

ABX website updates are running behind this week. Anyone know the breakdown on the proffer awards? Don't need names, just curious what seats the bids came from.

All 4 76 CA's will be coming from the left seat of the 9.

Both 8 CA's will be from the left seat of the 9.

76 FO's will be 3 DC8 right seaters and 1 DC9 FO

DC9 CA's will be 3 9 FO's and 3 76 FO's

Based on how the last proffers filled out, I would guess they need another 9Ca proffer of 6 to 8 just keep the same (understaffed) level.

Based on how the last proffers filled out, I would guess they need another 9Ca proffer of 6 to 8 just keep the same (understaffed) level.

Yeah, they were behind right out of the gate. We lost a total of 8 CA's last month (5 to the 76 and 3 retired) and only had the class of 6.

Latest scheduling minutes referenced an ANC 767 trip (originally to start this month but delayed a few weeks). Anybody have the details on that one?

We will start flying a 767 ILN-ANC replacing the NWA flight and the DC9 out of PDX.... Not sure of the exact date, a few weeks I think...

makes sense with the Transmile flight from Asia through ANC then RIV, some of the west coast freight makes it to RIV. And the freight from ILN can go direct and then on to Asia

Latest resources

Back