• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX Holdings to change name?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If KIX does turn out to be a revolving door, is there any chance of KIX becoming an outstation where the ILN (or whatever domestic) -based crews are shuttled in and out on some rotating schedule? We did it regularly with a few trip sequences, so it wasn't on the same scale as KIX is/will become, but it worked for us.

How many crews does/will KIX have?[/quote]

This is exactly what the company was doing before they opened the illegal domicile. There are presently 14 Captains and 14 First Officers listed in KIX.

CLIPPER & HEAVY,

You should try doing what we young guys are doing on the other side of the field to get rid of the geezers...

Forge their signature on the release and then when they go to sign it, give them a really long and worried look.
Move their flight bag around the bag room.
Ask if they need help going up and down the airplane stairs.
When the geezer captains call for a checklist - tell them they called for it 5 minutes ago and it's complete.
When they go to the crapper - move their glasses.
Reach across the cockpit with a napkin in your hand, tell them you can't stand to see them like this, and pretend that you are wiping drool off of their chin.
Speak really softly in the cockpit and when they say WHAT?? slowly shake your head, lean in closer and speak slowly, slightly louder, and with really big mouth movements.
Point out traffic and sights that aren't really there. Give lots of detail and point repeatedly and when they still don’t see it, repeat the long and worried look again.
Silently roll in a bunch of nose down trim just prior to giving them the controls.
Spread a thin film of butter on their glasses.
Knock on their door at random times on the layover and ask them why they didn’t meet you in the lobby for dinner like they said they would.

You get the idea...

Your turn....

I only hope there isn't a shortage of young wise-asses when your turn comes around...I am always amazed that an action unrelated to the person concerned causes so much animosity..If I remember correctly, the old geezers didn't change the law(They tried for years). It was those government weinies who changed it.I always said they (the old geezers) were knocking on the wrong door for the past few decades.Most stayed for the insurance benefits(Premiums for a couple over 60 usually run between $1200 & $2000 a month,if you can get it) and because they couldn't get their social security.Had they given them Medicare and SS at age 60,I'd wager that many would have welcomed retirement.Of course then they wouldn't have benefited from associating themselves with the younger generation who has all the answers and doesn't recognize the word respect let alone it's definition.:smash:

DC8CRIVER: Excellent suggestions, some of which sadly renders my strategy of offering a free cup of vending machine coffee which I've spiced with rum (in the forlorn hope of a breath test for the senior in question) both unimaginative and somewhat short on ingenuity.

And yet after reading the post by Flyer8 I belatedly and humbly acknowledge the value of the older, nobler and more experienced members of our community for the advancement of the common good - and do indeed recognize how vital it is to cherish and respect these seniors for the esteemed and much appreciated endeavors and exertions which they continue to make on behalf of our close-knit family of aviators.

I'm certain however that we all agree (and not least the seniors themselves) that these venerated older members would best contribute by putting their vast repertoire of hard-won skills to practice outside, and not inside, the flight deck.

Bald heads painted with florescent orange for use as fire-hydrant markers in deep snow (and there's no reason as to why the males should be held exempt from this hydrant marker duty); continued after-dark operations during power outages enabled by seniors positioned along the centerline holding candles; employment as auxiliary wheel-chocks or as self-loading ballast for balancing out tricky CG envelopes: all useful, dignified and invaluable senior contributions to enhance and enrich the giddy aura of success which permeates throughout our splash-of-color flying circus and adopted home here in the peripheral cornfield.

PS. Disclaimer - about the coffee: not everything posted on the Internet is true.

Last edited:
I only hope there isn't a shortage of young wise-asses when your turn comes around...I am always amazed that an action unrelated to the person concerned causes so much animosity..If I remember correctly, the old geezers didn't change the law(They tried for years). It was those government weinies who changed it.I always said they (the old geezers) were knocking on the wrong door for the past few decades.Most stayed for the insurance benefits(Premiums for a couple over 60 usually run between $1200 & $2000 a month,if you can get it) and because they couldn't get their social security.Had they given them Medicare and SS at age 60,I'd wager that many would have welcomed retirement.Of course then they wouldn't have benefited from associating themselves with the younger generation who has all the answers and doesn't recognize the word respect let alone it's definition.:smash:

FLYER,

It was a joke. Don't tell me that seniors have lost their sense of humor along with everything else.

It's like my dad used to tell me:
"Son - the whole world hates a smartass"

I'm still trying to figure out why he told ME that...

I knew that,but I guess I was having a senior moment.The world is a confusing place when you meet all those new crew members each and every night....LOL..:confused:

With the 5 new crews to MIA and rumors of 5 more being added we are short on the 9, and the 76. The good news is we are very well staffed on the 8, Oh wait we got rid of the 8 and all the crews went to the 9 and 76. So how can we be short on the 9 and the 76.......

Don't spose you might know what flyin machine a winsome lass from the Rockies (C.B.) might have wound up on?

C. B.

Don't spose you might know what flyin machine a winsome lass from the Rockies (C.B.) might have wound up on?

She was a DC-8 FO but was surplussed several years ago to the DC-9 FO seat, IIRC. I don't think she has moved to the 767 yet, I think she is enjoying her seniority on the DC-9 too much.

Latest resources

Back