ABX furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
inplaneview; What is the XPFE issue you're referring to?[/quote said:
What XPFE issue? I suspect the one that's been with us for sometime. There would be less real pilot furloughs if seats weren't being taken by pilot wannabees. As soon as our union puts them in the seat their OPF bidding becomes a little aggressive. One of them won't be making the left seat of the 8, standards have slipped but apparently not yet far enough to accommodate some in the the last upgrade class.

Doesn't look like there's any vacation buy back in either seat on the DC9!
My DC-9 F/O (former PFE, by the way) called his scheduler to cancel his vacation buyback in June and was told that he didn't have to do that. She told him that the schedulers were not putting Vacation buyback in the bid awards, "so nobody would know".

My DC-9 F/O (former PFE, by the way) called his scheduler to cancel his vacation buyback in June and was told that he didn't have to do that. She told him that the schedulers were not putting Vacation buyback in the bid awards, "so nobody would know".

That's just great.....what a place to work.

I know if I was in management, I would start a war with the union on the eve of possibly the most important business contract in the companies short but laughable ACMI history.

I just don't get it. What a way to do business....

Won't take to long to figure out who sold back what! Unity, wish we had.

Chum the waters the 1224 boys are hungry.

That's just great.....what a place to work.

I know if I was in management, I would start a war with the union on the eve of possibly the most important business contract in the companies short but laughable ACMI history.

I just don't get it. What a way to do business....

Won't take to long to figure out who sold back what! Unity, wish we had.

Chum the waters the 1224 boys are hungry.

I don't get it either. The number of times we have had to endure this crap with this company is getting up there. I will say this to all. The 10 hostages may be junior on the list but not when it comes to being heavily vested in ABX. It's not like being recently hired, then fired. Well, at least not this time. A huge thanks to all who support us whether you are Capt., F.O., XPFE, 76,9,8, the whole lot of you.

look at the bid packet, the look at the award and see you does not have vacation, cause they sold it.

I gave up after a half dozen in the right seat of the 9. Knew I would be even more thrilled if I looked at the captains!

Well, that really sucks...I hope they really needed that money.

I also gotta comment on the company doing this. Why all of a sudden will they not publically post who sold what. Can we expect to not see a OPF award? Pretty cheesy if you ask me. Just pisses me off more at them. Burn it down.

Give them them contract, and the contract only. Zero concessions, OPF or JM. Nothing more than they negotiated. That includes there mighty ANA...

They know full well this company runs off the backs and hard work of the pilot group. Now they broke the stick off in our A**. Let it burn, do not fix there mess.

Watch the service failures. Let them reap the benifits of there management style. F*ck'em. They could not manage an ice cream stand with an ounce of dignity.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back