• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To clarify. The Bunker was a large construction (possibly bales of hay) covered in a dull material (possibly tarpaulin) giving a WW1 trench warfare type of bunker structure assembled in the union parking lot so as to be impossible to miss for anyone driving to the ABX or DHL corporate offices.

On it was a notice which read "Digging in for a long fight with ABX" - or words to that effect. The structure was unfortunately dismantled before the more fertile imaginations could get to work with ketchup stained manikins to represent corpses and the addition of barbed wire and machine gun embellishments.

Nice job 1224.

Last edited:
756 hours of OPF in the DC-9 FO seat alone, but yeah we're overstaffed...

Just read the crew letter put out today asking for volunteers to fly the ANA stuff...please no one volunteer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just read the crew letter put out today asking for volunteers to fly the ANA stuff...please no one volunteer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the part where Vollmer reminisces when, over 20 years ago, a few bold crewmembers signed up to fly the DC8 and bring ABX into the heavy airlift market...

Those guys were promised their DC8 pay raise once we got a new contract in place. Never got it. They got screwed.

Volunteer for ANA? Put it in a bid, maybe I'll bid it

Doesn't look like there's any vacation buy back in either seat on the DC9!

Great job 9 guys/gals, hopefully the other seats will follow. Anyone who volunteers for ANA is directly violating our contract. There are absolutely no provisions for volunteer flying. You could bid on it after they put it in COF but you can't just volunteer. Anyone who volunteers, therefore willingly violates the contract, is giving the entire group a big one finger salute, IMHO.

Last edited:
Only 11 people across all seats did VBB, none in the 9 at all. Thanks for this show of support!

Love the part where Vollmer reminisces when, over 20 years ago, a few bold crewmembers signed up to fly the DC8 and bring ABX into the heavy airlift market...

Those guys were promised their DC8 pay raise once we got a new contract in place. Never got it. They got screwed.

Volunteer for ANA? Put it in a bid, maybe I'll bid it

I'm happy to see others remember the way things work.

Put it in a bid and maybe I'll consider bidding it. Depends rather heavily on the work rules and the transportation to and from. If they are ~!@#$% us on the business class seats they will have to drag me kicking and screaming all the way.

Latest resources

Back