• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny thing is, most of the people screaming the loudest are senior enough to not have to go to Japan if they don't want to. Why? I think it is because they want to "say" they have flown overseas, but not have to do the 23 day stuff. All ego.

OPF at 13% pre-schedule drop in all seats except 9FO, so add in CRM/PC's and vacation and that will easily exceed 13%.

I am sure the union will step up and do the right thing, they did the last time there were furloughs...

Heard a rumor that 9-10 DC9 F/O's just got furloughed. Anyone hear anything?

Why??? With the ANA deal in place and going to happen in one form or another, one would think you're gonna need all the bodies you can lay your hands on. Is Mgt. taking hostages to twist your negotiators arms??

Either way, it's bull$#!%. Both our groups have to live and work in the Corn Field, and no one likes to see this crap happen to anyone.
Hope all your peeps get to come home soon.

FAJ

My entire time being at ABX I had never felt better regarding staffing levels/proffers. This was a real curveball.

May 8: 10 Furloughs of DC9 F/O's
May 8: 767 proffer closes
May 9: requested date to have approval for holding co.
May 10: earnings and conference call

Are they related? Stock price continues to drop. Is there going to be some big or bad news on thurs? Or just saber rattling?

May 8: 10 Furloughs of DC9 F/O's
May 8: 767 proffer closes
May 9: requested date to have approval for holding co.
May 10: earnings and conference call

Are they related? Stock price continues to drop. Is there going to be some big or bad news on thurs? Or just saber rattling?

I'm sure it's probably some of both. Word is about 130 ABX managers/admin people got the pink slip today as well. I would possibly expect an earnings miss so the furloughs/layoffs are to show the shareholders proactiveness at the meeting tomorrow (although I'm pretty sure we know the real reason for the pilots).

Any idea how long this one will last? BTW, what does this bring the total furlough to?

10 today with 5 still on furlough from 2000, plus the PFE's (?)

Latest resources

Back