• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX Air to Acquire CHI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
....For DB's subsidiary, Schenker, the acquisition of BAX Global would strengthen its airfreight activities, giving competitors like Deutsche Post and Kuehne & Nagel a run for their money."

And ABX just bought Bax. So is ABX now in competition with DHL?

BAX/Schenker is a customer of ATI (CHI). All ABXAir bought regarding BAX is ATI which has the ACMI contract with BAX to carry their freight.

So in a sense yes, ABX is now competing indirectly with DHL. A few threads ago I called Hete a corporate prick. But in the same sentence, I added "but he's a smart corporate prick". He is covering all his bases well.

FAJ

Last edited:
I guess my point is ABX will be providing services to 2 competitors, no? DHL cant like that too much. I heard Joe say many times "operate separately", what does the ABX teamster contract say about that. I thought it said that any flying done by ABX has to be done by pilots on the abx seniority list? Yes I know the contract is only worth the paper it is printed on but I thought there was much put into this language for just this eventuallity

How many planes by type and pilots does CHI excluding the stuff in conversion?

Anybody know how much scope liability we have on them operating us a 2 separate carriers? Joe will whipsaw the hell out of us if he can.

Buh-bye DHL. Anyone want to buy a house in Ohio?

Not so fast, although this isn't good news for DHL. These aircraft still need freight to haul and if not DHL's, then whose? Unless of course our Japanese friends want a slice of the US domestic express market in which case where's the new sort operation going to be based?

Capital Cargo International Airlines (CCIA):
-100 crewmembers represented by ALPA
-currently operates 14 727-200 aircraft, 1 757-200 aircraft, 5 767-200 in conversion
-operations include flying freight in South America

Air Transport International (ATI):
-150 crewmembers represented by Teamsters
-19 DC-8 73/71/62 combo aircraft

Anybody know how much scope liability we have on them operating us a 2 separate carriers? Joe will whipsaw the hell out of us if he can.

according to airlinepilot ATI has 150 pilots (teamsters) and 19 70 series DC-8's

FAST FACTS ABOUT CHI HOLDINGS
Capital Cargo International Airlines (CCIA):
-100 crewmembers represented by ALPA
-currently operates 14 727-200 aircraft, 1 757-200 aircraft, 5 767-200 in conversion
-operations include flying freight in South America

Air Transport International (ATI):
-150 crewmembers represented by Teamsters
-19 DC-8 73/71/62 combo aircraft

On the surface I think it is, for everyone concerned. Of course there will be some pain, some gain, but in the end I think this bodes well for all.

Well Booger....Thanks for the "Welcome" !!

Let's hope this works out well for all concerned parties ATI, ABX and CCI (Capitol Cargo).

Just maybe as a side note this may help us all get a Good Contract either individually or separately. I'd like to be the first to ask for ATI to join YOUR local and drop the Limp Dick IBT747, they are useless!

Anyway Howdy to all the ABX'ers I'm sure we will eventually be seeing each other on the respective ramps!

Latest resources

Back