ABX AIR is hiring DON'T APPLY

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like I said

Well I guess someone up there feels that they know me but they dont. Sorry never worked for Comair. I only work major carriers big boy. Get your facts straight shooter and ABX DX. I will leave a place open for youat UAL. Left 2 years ago

Hey Guys

Sorry but Kittyhawk1048 is not me. I had a great time when I was up at ABX the people are great and I learned alot. The schedule just didnt work with my life. Kittyhwak1048 has no clue what he is talking about. I admire and respect the people that work up in Wilmington OH. ABX Air has a great training dept and the dispatchers are top notch I am proud to say I worked there.

Kittyhawk1048 said:
Well I guess someone up there feels that they know me but they dont. Sorry never worked for Comair. I only work major carriers big boy. Get your facts straight shooter and ABX DX. I will leave a place open for youat UAL. Left 2 years ago

I was asked to pass this on .....

Hey Kittyhawk 1048

This is Dave Taylor from ABX Flight Control, I have been here for close to 15 years and I'm sure you know who I am. As stated by many, ABX has its problems but over all a good place to work. I have been here for the bad and the good and It's what you want to make out of it that counts. By the sound of things you were too concerned about your personal comforts to be an effective employee. Maybe you'll mature a little with age and come to realize that you have to look for the good or else all you will see is the bad.

P.S. Why don't you use your real name? Are you ashamed of who you are?

What I have to say is only few people left 2 years ago, we know them and you do not fit. And at the same time UAL was in BK and letting people go. So just how did you get in when good people were being let go?

lies, all lies
:nuts:

We use Jepp's latest program for flight planning, yet we still print them out and make revisions manually.

We also list runway performance information on each release.

Name just ONE company in which you wouldn't be at the bottom of the seniority list for quite some time.

Lets put an end to this fued!!!! We all know that Kittyhawk1048 and Comair1048 are the same person. We know you make 12.50 an hour at Shuttle America.. (although you do have a top notch fridge). We know that your dispatch experience consists of 2 years at COMAIR and 3 months here at ABX. We just want you to shut your mouth about ABX because you have no clue what you are talking about. You never worked for UAL and probably never will since we know plenty of people at that airline not to mention every other major carrier in the U.S. So just worry about how you are gonna spend that paycheck in downtown FWA and quit bashing airlines that you could not hack it at.

Everyone that reads this forum be put on notice that nothing that COMAIR/KITTYHAWK 1048 says is true, just a disgruntled dispatcher.

ss9e wanted to know if we could get some general info on your payroll structure that we could take to our management

It's interesting how different one dispatch office is different then the other. I do work for Comair and we don't manually print releases and our amendments are done electronically. And I've seen a number of dispatchers with more senority dispatch like it's the first day on the job, and others with less dispatch with a veteran touch, so that being said I don't care how long you been dispatching shooter, I only see what I see. The fridge and microwave is a little overboard, but since you think you know this guy that worked there, I have a guestion for you. Did you ever make him feel welcome there? If he was there only for a few months, then something must have set him off. I agree that your office might not be right for me and mine not right for you, but if a person doesn't feel welcome then you can't expect him to succeed. By the way the FAR'S says you dispatch to a airport not a runway.

I say all this not to bash ABX, I say this to look at both sides of the situation.

Last edited:
Duster41 said:
It's interesting how different one dispatch office is differnt then the other. I do work for Comair and we don't manually print releases and our amendments are done electronically. And I've seen a number of dispatchers with more senority dispatch like it's the first day on the job, and others with less dispatch with a veteran touch, so that being said I don't care how long you been dispatching shooter, I only see what I see. The fridge and microwave is a little overboard, but since you think you know this guy that worked there, I have a guestion for you. Did you ever make him feel welcome there? If he was there only for a few months, then something must have set him off. I agree that your office might not be right for me and mine not right for you, but if a person doesn't feel welcome then you can't expect him to suceed. By the way the FAR'S says you dispatch to a airport not a runway.

I say all this not to bash ABX, I say this to look at both sides of the situation.

It's interesting how different one dispatch office is differnt then the other. I do work for Comair and we don't manually print releases and our amendments are done electronically.

I wish we did. Save the trees not the e’s. So feel free to use that other e in different.

And I've seen a number of dispatchers with more senority dispatch like it's the first day on the job, and others with less dispatch with a veteran touch, so that being said I don't care how long you been dispatching shooter, i only see what I see.

I believe that’s what I said. Do you not understand the words I typed in my post? And just what is it that you see? Was it in Spanish? Because I do not know what "senority" is.

The fridge and microwave is a little overboard, but since you think you know this guy that worked there, I have a guestion for you. Did you ever make him feel welcome there?

What’s a guestion? And yes, I welcome everyone. Earning my respect, that’s another thing.

If he was only there a few months, then something must have set him off.

I do not know how long he/she was there. They never bothered to answer the question. Do you know they were only employed at ABX for a few months? Do you know this person or was your reply meant for another in this thread?

I agree that your office might not be right for me and mine not right for you, but if a person doesn't feel welcome then you can't expect him to suceed.

I never said your office was not right for me. It may be heaven on earth for all I know. What I do know is my office and it is not a bad place to be. I want others to know that. And don’t be shy with those c’s either. Just push them right out there with those e’s unless my dictionary needs suceed added to it.

By the way the FAR'S says you dispatch to a airport not a runway.

Yeah, and the Old Testament says god will never destroy the earth again for the evil that man does. Yet the New Testament says different. Maybe when you work with the little aircraft you do not need to concern yourself with trivial things like runway performance. But when you are Dispatching heavy’s, try to ignore that runway. It is there to show the crew that you looked at a particular runway under the conditions you specified. That’s just foolish to assume is means it is Dispatching to a runway when you add that to a flight release.

Last edited:
Sorry if I am coming off snippy Duster. I’m not feeling well and it was wrong to take it out on your post. It’s been a rough couple of days.

Runway READ YOUR FARS!!!!!!!! Heavy vs. Passenger ABX? Hmm dont think so

shooter said:
Sorry if I am coming off snippy Duster. I’m not feeling well and it was wrong to take it out on your post. It’s been a rough couple of days.

Well I have dispatched heavy jets and I will tell you runways dont mean a thing shooter. When you are dispatching to ORD how can you tell what runway they are using if they open and close runways every half hour? That is why as duster said YOU DISPATCH TO A AIRPORT NOT A RUNWAY. Read your FARS it is in there in black and white. Dispatching a heavy is not nearly as difficult as dispatching part 121. Do you deal with passengers? NO Do you deal with Ground delay programs? NO Do you deal with customer service agents? NO All you deal with up there at ABX is putting the fuel on and that is it. You dont deal with what a passenger carrier deals with and plus ILN is only for ABX. Not like Fed-ex and UPS you have to share with passenger carriers. On my next post I can put a quote from the FARS if you would like.
Or better yet ask the man that sits in the office next to the training room I am sure he knows what the FAR regarding dispatching to an airport is rather than a runway. Yeah right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back