• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX 1224 how low will you go?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, I know. I had to see what amazingly dumba$$ statement you made today.

fob...AV80R, it is a shame to waste that keen insight you guys have....you two should take your dog and pony medicine show on the road...you could help steer all these airlines in the right direction.(although you suck at predicting your own airline future)

Sour grapes, my a$$. It's called reality.

You can work at RAH wages. 1224 and the RAH Teamsters are setting the bar pretty low for the rest of us.
no idea what RAH means. But to add a little perspective, the new ABX TA pays more and has more days off than the Korean Air 777 job. Or any other 777 job that's available, for that matter.

Probably should be worded "someone down the chain", but why no confidence that ALPA will get you a pay raise??

I'm thinking a bit more strategically. Maybe I should have used "exercise" instead of "take advantage of"...

I do hope we get a pay raise. What's disturbing about that SL that one airline appears to be attempting to dictate the hiring practices of two others without so much as a 'by your leave'.

I'm thinking a bit more strategically. Maybe I should have used "exercise" instead of "take advantage of"...

I do hope we get a pay raise. What's disturbing about that SL that one airline appears to be attempting to dictate the hiring practices of two others without so much as a 'by your leave'.

Not to start anything, and from your posts I consider you a stand-up, level headed guy, but lets not forget who bought whom.

Had ATI stayed Teamsters, I'm sure that you would have been consulted and had amble opportunity to amend our side letter to meet your needs/wishes. ATI is now ALPA, for better or worse.

Best wishes to all of us under the "ATSG Umbrella".

Last edited:
but lets not forget who bought whom.

ABX didn't buy anyone. ABX Holdings did and changed their name. And they didn't buy CHI because CHI needed to be bought. They bought it/us to survive something I think they saw coming. We didn't just add value. We ensured it. And, we've never been and never will be a feeder or 'express' regional supplying a bigger fish a-la CAL, DAL, UAL, AA, etc to have our shots called. We don't need them called for us. Don't get me wrong - we're happy to work together, and maybe, I'll go so far as to say 'probably', we'll all be one company under one certificate. But this is a strange way to show the love.

Who knows - maybe this is a baby step towards a national seniority list. But to quote a line from Blood Diamond, most people like to be kissed before they get xxxxed. We didn't even get a 'hello' before this proposal was put out. Now isn't that brotherly.

As you said, ATI is now ALPA, along with Cappy. So how is it that ABX represented by IBT can tell two ALPA carriers who to hire? Guess we'll see.

Latest resources

Back