• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI to SWA Training Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
True. And also operate a -800 in one configuration that seat 175 people. Max takeoff weight around 175 thousand pounds. Yea, that's close to the same.

Were any of the orders that AT brought to the table for 800's? Could AT have converted any or all of our orders for 800's? At the time of the merger we both flew 117 seat airplanes and 137 seat airplanes. That's what matters right? Date of merger announcement.

Would the 500 be considered an old RJ as well. In a two class configuration it would have seated around 109, less than the 71? As it is, it seats 117.
I'm not trying to stir the pot. A question was asked and an incorrect answer was given so I provided the correct one.

To answer your question about the -500, I would answer no it could not be considered an RJ, for the same reason I don't really think a 717 should be considered an RJ.

In my opinion an RJ is an aircraft which is flown by a regional aircraft operator. Those planes would need to supply regional feed to an airline while complying with scope provisions. I think there are very few scope clauses that would allow 117 or 122 seat aircraft.

Were any of the orders that AT brought to the table for 800's? Could AT have converted any or all of our orders for 800's? At the time of the merger we both flew 117 seat airplanes and 137 seat airplanes. That's what matters right? Date of merger announcement.

Yea, and that's what AirTran Corporate brought to the table. I'm not sure if AirTran orders could have been converted....possibly. How many were on the order sheet? 50? Add that to the 500 SW had on order. Hopefully it means growth.

I'm not trying to stir the pot. A question was asked and an incorrect answer was given so I provided the correct one.

To answer your question about the -500, I would answer no it could not be considered an RJ, for the same reason I don't really think a 717 should be considered an RJ.

In my opinion an RJ is an aircraft which is flown by a regional aircraft operator. Those planes would need to supply regional feed to an airline while complying with scope provisions. I think there are very few scope clauses that would allow 117 or 122 seat aircraft.

Completely agree Howard. I would never consider the 717 a regional jet, for the exact reasons you stated.

I would not take a pay cut to fly a B-777 nor would I turn down a pay raise to fly a C-152.

The fundamental nature of employment is service for recompense. The type of equipment the employer provides for your job is immaterial. A construction worker cares only about his pay and benefits, not about whether he operates the big crane or the back hoe. A taxi-cab driver would prefer to drive the Lincoln, but will gladly drive the Chevy if it pays more.

Airline CEOs base their pay on what they can negotiate, not on whether or not their company flies RJs, 737s, or A-380s. I've never heard Brian Bedford refer to himself as an RJ CEO.

The pilot unions' fixation on equipment type resulted in the regional whipsaw that has transferred billions of dollars from labor to management over the past couple of decades. Shiny Jet Syndrome is a pervasive cancer in this profession. We've let how big and how shiny an airplane is disrupt the economic principles of supply/demand and qualification/experience in determining pay rates and "status."

I don't know why this is so difficult for you to understand, but pay is temporary, seniority is forever. That is why arbitrators merge by category and status. The airline that pays the top narrowbody rate today will pay the lowest narrowbody rate tomorrow, and vice versa. Your compensation package doesn't mean dick when it comes to a seniority integration. Which is exactly why people like redflyer were desperate to avoid arbitration.

Yea, and that's what AirTran Corporate brought to the table.

Unfortunately for you all, Air Tran Corporate couldn't be separated from their employees. So, I guess we all brought those orders as without the employees, there would have been no need for the orders. Nice backhanded dig.

Seems like GK was the one who wanted a negotiated agreement, based on the results of the DRC, he did u a favor...but keep justifying ur incompetence

Unfortunately for you all, Air Tran Corporate couldn't be separated from their employees. So, I guess we all brought those orders as without the employees, there would have been no need for the orders. Nice backhanded dig.

No backhanded dig. The merger of two business brought assets. The pilots don't really have any influence in how the company runs their business/assets (just as SWAPA doesn't). The pilots bring themselves to the deal with the contract they've negotiated. Two very different things.

I don't know why this is so difficult for you to understand, but pay is temporary, seniority is forever. That is why arbitrators merge by category and status. The airline that pays the top narrowbody rate today will pay the lowest narrowbody rate tomorrow, and vice versa. Your compensation package doesn't mean dick when it comes to a seniority integration. Which is exactly why people like redflyer were desperate to avoid arbitration.

You left Pinnacle because Airtran was superior job to Pinnacle. It was better because it paid better, with better benefits, not because the hull of the aircraft were wider and longer.

Latest resources

Back