• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI/SWA solution

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
everyone keeps talking about $$$ vs. QOL. I honestly think you can have both here. It also depends on individual priorities and choices. I think living in domicile gives me both. I realize not everyone can and wants to do that but my point is in almost 5 years at SWA I have both. Flexibility is a huge part of QOL, and we do have tons of it, even junior people.

The other thing I can't get over is all of these ATN captains talking about bad QOL...welll then go to the right seat. You won't take a big hit with $$$ (if at all), and have awesome QOL. Anyone not on reserve (and we don't have many on reserve compared to other carriers) has a shot at good QOL. Even reserve here isn't bad. That whole argument about how ATN pilots will have bad QOL has no merit. Using your current scheduling practices yes, using ours, not really.

Once again...with no disrespect...you won't answer it because it dis-proves your point. If qol was that important you would've waited...apparently Ms Webb makes good money (good for you...maybe I should quit dating 21 year olds :) ) you upgraded for money...pure and simple...just as I want to! Now back to drinking and worrying about wearing a red sox in NYC...

I did answer your question. I upgraded at a time where my QoL was barely impacted. . . . . I was a line-holder within a few months.

Sorry it's not the answer you were looking for. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
before SL-9 I used to feel bad for ATN guys dealing with Forano and his MGMNT team, but after seeing this SL-9 collapse and the way the ATN ALPA MEC has behaved, I am starting to think Forano and MGMNT might not have been as bad as previously thought. At one point MGMNT might have tried, but your union guys probably gave MGMNT the finger enough where they eventually said F$%^ the pilots.

Why was ATN MGMNT so bad to their people??? Was it because that was their style, or was it that they got tired of dealing with the militant types over there? Things that make you go HMMMM..................

Now we're "militant pilots" . . . . . OK, enough stupidity for one night. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Tyrone,

What would you rather be:

1. A 717 Capt at Delta in the entire DAL system ATL, DTW etc.. ?

or

2. SWA 737 Capt in ATL fenced?

Ty you did answer my question. You left a senior fo position (with weekends off to watch your kids and enjoy your wife's money) to sit reserve for a "small amount of time" to go to being a bottom line holder...which means working weekends and a crappy schedule for quite a while...you did it for the money...As I am wanting to do. You didn't have a great schedule for quite a while after reserve...you can't deny that. You might now and good for you. But if you said you timed your upgrade to minimize your time on reserve you still had a crappy schedule for quite a bit...remember most of us work in the airlines...so we know how schedules work. So you did answer my question the way I wanted you to..you upgraded for money at a loss of qol...I'm not blasting you because I'm willing to do the same. But we all want money so we can keep the wife and/or girlfriend happy (pun intended :) )

I do get it, Ty. We've all got to give up something. It's the nature of the beast.

No, that's not right. The pay should have already been agreed upon, without SWAPA pressure, and then the list should have been decided by a neutral. That was the exact pattern of the ONLY successful integration so far, but instead it got ugly. Could it lead to a USair 2? The bottom 60% thrown into the bottom 20%? That's just crazy.

Godspeed!

OYS

Now we're "militant pilots" . . . . . OK, enough stupidity for one night. :rolleyes:

I didn't say all of you...but if what your FAB-7 did was not militant then I don't know what is. Keeping the SL-9 and it's details to themselves and not letting the rank and file vote for themselves is as militant as you can possibly get. Just out of respect for your NC, send it to a vote. Shoot you can even not recommend it and still send it for a vote.

Telling Gary that you won't allow postponing arbitration for 6 months is as militant as you can get. SWA MGMNT wants to settle this without arbitration and ALPA isn't letting him, how is that not militant? Knowing that an agreement outside of arbitration will do tons for this "culture", especially since we might have to put up with eachother later...and not allowing that...that's militant. So in the end SWA MGMNT might get fed up and become ATN MGMNT all over again...difference is now there are 6000 pilots that are not on your side. Forano did not have that luxury.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back