• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI/SWA solution

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Money will help you pay mortgage, college and retirement. Seniority will not help you with mortgage, college and retirement.

Money is forever and seniority is temporary.

PURE BS. Seniority is forever. As long as your company stays flying, the guy behind you in seniority will stay there. Do you think SWA will be around in 10 years? Do you like weekends off? What about holidays? Do you want to watch your kids grow up and play sports? Who gets to upgrade first? Would you want to be near the bottom if planes need to be parked? All very important. And, the money will eventually be there.

SWA/FO is trying to pull a fast one, again. Come on now! There won't be a B-scale forever---the culture couldn't take it. SWAPA doesn't own the culture, SWA does. Get over yourselves.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Easy,

Relative is a non-starter, regardless of pay.

If it goes to arbitration, you won't be telling the judges what can and can't happen. Get used to it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I would say no. I think all 8000 of us need to be on the same CBA with the same payscale. This protects ALL pilots from a potential whipsaw. I type this, but I don't think SWA would attempt that. It's best to cover your a$$ just in case.

But that is selfish for me to only think about the pilots. In order to protect the hard work of all of the Southwest Airlines employees that have kept this airline in business, we all have to think about the culture of the entire Southwest Airlines family. The only way to protect, promote, and preserve this culture is to understand it the way we do from the inside. The only way to do that is to come through the front door like everyone else. Show up at the G.O. meeting all the requirements to be considered for employment, interview, wait what seems like years for the results, wait even longer for a start date, then show up with an attitude of gratitude that you were selected.

This is the only way the culture continues.

Realistic? Probably not, but that IS the only way AAI will ever appreciate my family.

Your Dad just married someone else. Time for you to grow up. If this goes to arbitration, a fair award will happen because someone on the outside with no strings attached will look over the whole plan and decide what is fair. Just because many on here have an "over-inflated" view of themselves doesn't make it right to slam your future step-brothers and step-sisters. You all are just along for the ride, not incharge.

Bye Bye---General Lee

PURE BS. Seniority is forever.

I'm reducing you in rank to Pvt. Lee for that remark.

The truth hurts, doesn't it? I am now a 5 star General. As long as your airline is flying, the guy with the number behind you can't jump in front of you. Sad but true. That is seniority.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Your Dad just married someone else. Time for you to grow up. If this goes to arbitration, a fair award will happen because someone on the outside with no strings attached will look over the whole plan and decide what is fair. Just because many on here have an "over-inflated" view of themselves doesn't make it right to slam your future step-brothers and step-sisters. You all are just along for the ride, not incharge.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I agree with every word Sir!

I agree with every word Sir!

Good. At ease. Anyway, the SWA guys must really believe in Seniority, since they are fighting very hard to keep it, and the money. They have the money right now, why don't they just give up and enjoy all of that money?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Good. At ease. Anyway, the SWA guys must really believe in Seniority, since they are fighting very hard to keep it, and the money. They have the money right now, why don't they just give up and enjoy all of that money?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Maybe you forgot I'm Us Airways East.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back