AAI/SWA solution

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty,

It wouldn't have changed my time away from home one bit.

Whatever your happy number is (150k,200k,250k) you'd have made it with fewer days away from home working under the AIP than under your current contract.

You'd have either seen more money and close to the same time away, or the same money with more time at home.

You dont get it.

At the bottom of the list, we would be double-commuting to a reserve line. No flexibility.

Cruncher, spare me the education about how money works. I'm pretty certain that Mrs Webb and I made more last year that Mr. and Mrs. Cruncher. :laugh:

Dropping trips while on reserve is a rarity, according to your reserve pilots. I can re-post dozens of posts where SWA pilots are complaining about not being able to drop trips on reserve . . . how no one wants their scraps, except during the leanest months, etc.

Classy. U dont have many friends do u? U seem to be a forum junkie. Glad 2 here mr n mr Webb r doing so well. Oh almost forgot :laugh:

I, too, get tired of hearing about the money. Money doesn't buy time at home. When you're on reserve for a decade, the money doesn't give you your life back.
Ty,

Why did you ever upgrade to Captain? Was it for a better schedule and quality of life?

If GK truly 'LUVS' his pilots, he will find a way out of this transaction. But the reality is that he and his Board already determined that this merger was in the best interest of the corporation.

He will say all the right things, and even bring a little candy to the meetings, but he will NOT cancel this transaction.

Your example doesn't apply to our situation. I'm already getting good schedules, decent pay, and an easy commute.

If I lose 4 years seniority, I will be a reserve pilot with a two-leg commute. That's not more days off, and it's not much more money.

Why do you think most of us with decent seniority have stayed here?

Oh, I know, because with my degree, 20 year perfect work history and 4,000 hrs 737 PIC time, I just wasn't "competitive". :rolleyes:

Ok- time to call a spade a spade.

Ty- you talk of your great schedule and all the money you make and what a great senority you have and the easy commute you have.

When is the last time you actually flew a jet?

Some of us know exactually who you are, and know of your situation. And I really feel for you. But the Bravado? Really. Getting tougher to feel bad for you.

Weren't you planning on quitting just a little while ago?

Be honest with yourself. And let the fellow AT guys who don't do the 'flying gig' as a part time job have a say in their future.

Bd32

The pay disparity is just too big for anything that will likely come out of arbitration. SL 9 recognized this fundamental fact but it was not well received by the AAI MEC.

When the arbitrated SLI is awarded, as I expect is a disappointment to the SWA pilots, I am in favor of negotiating two contracts within our ranks. One for the trannies, and one for the RSW's. At times you will have RSW FO's makeing more than the trannie captain but that largely is the path they have decided for themselves and it allows the company to position itself better for the future.

I can understand why the trannie pilots may not understand this way of thinking. I probably wouldn't if I were in their shoes. As well as I know they don't understand my way of thinking because they are not in my shoes.

I am tired of the entitlements that exist in this country. And the sense of entitlement that I hear on this board is no different.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back