• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI/SWA solution

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How would a SWA guy feel if us AAI guys get relative seniority but we keep our payscale and benefits? You guys keep throwing around how much money we will make but what if this was the case. We get to keep our seniority and there is no huge windfall that you all keep talking about.

I'm not trying to stir the pot or anything, just wanted to get some feedback. Seems like SWA guys only talk about how much money we will make and we talk about our seniority.

So how bout we keep our seniority and we don't get a pay raise?

Keep it nice!

Problem is your airline is reducing it's schedule. How do we handle the reduction in block hours from your side? How do we handle WN's growing presence in ATL?

The biggest problem of all is Gary wants the synergies that he paid for when he bought you. You have to SAVE him money, not just not cost him money.

Gup

"You're tired of hearing the money argument? SL9 would have paid you more money for less work (time). Commuting or not, if you're happy with the money you're making now, you would have been home more days per month/year/career.".................

SL9 did not provide that for the AT folks. We were stuck for up to 30 months AFTER SOC with our same contract. NO 6 tfp each day. Reserve would only pay a 75-78 hour guarantee. Commute in for a 5 day stretch and get used for two resulting in 8 hours towards guarantee. Time away from home with no compensation. No improvement in work rules. Flipping of circadium rythms.... bid ams and then get switched to a CDO. Loss of retirement for 3 months. Pay did not become effective until 1 April. Promise of reserve for 10+ years. These are just some of the glaring issues with SL9.

Ok- time to call a spade a spade.

Ty- you talk of your great schedule and all the money you make and what a great senority you have and the easy commute you have.

When is the last time you actually flew a jet?

What difference does it make? I see the line awards each month, I know what my line would look like. Do I suddenly not get an opinion? :rolleyes:

Why don't you address the point I was making- that the QoL of most AAI pilots would be greatly reduced under the terms of the AIP. That is why the MEC voted not to send it out. Hopefully, they can come up with something that is mutually acceptable, but if not, on to Mediation, and, if necessary, Arbitration.

Last edited:
If it wasn't perfect for your side, I sincerely think it was the best deal that SWA was prepared to offer. It was far from perfect for our side, as well.

Some pain on the front side buys you a lucrative and secure career with the most successful airline in the history of the business.

Oh well. Back to square uno amigos.

With all due respect Ty....answer the question. Why did you upgrade then? If it's all about quality of life why didn't you stay an fo? That's where I have my doubts about this...it's about qol...bs! We all want the money! ALL of us! I want my $300,000 a year to play golf, buy a damn good sports car and live like a college kid drinking beer with my 21 year old girlfriend! :) but I guess my 9 years here isn't good enough for that...let's give it to someone with 6 years seniority....I say again it's not about qol it's about money...that's why I'm willing to commute from mco to oak to upgrade. Y'all have a good night. I'm going back to my beer wearing my red sox hat in new york...goodnight!

With all due respect Ty....answer the question. Why did you upgrade then? If it's all about quality of life why didn't you stay an fo?

I don't answer every question, because some of them just aren't worth answering.

If you REALLY must know, I upgraded on the 737 when it was a new airplane in the fleet, and it was going junior. I timed it right, and it worked out very well. I was holding a line again within a matter of months. No big loss of QoL there. Not like being on reserve for ten years under the SIA.

If that window of opportunity hadn't happened, I would have stayed in the right seat until I could hold a line. That was pretty common, back when upgrades were plentiful.

Last edited:
Integration of Airtran = Cultural poison. First group of "entitled" pilots ever to SWA.

Focus needs to be on running separate ops until....I hope that is where this is heading.

As an outsider I was just wondering how the other groups are doing integrating (FA's, Reservations, etc...)

Once again...with no disrespect...you won't answer it because it dis-proves your point. If qol was that important you would've waited...apparently Ms Webb makes good money (good for you...maybe I should quit dating 21 year olds :) ) you upgraded for money...pure and simple...just as I want to! Now back to drinking and worrying about wearing a red sox in NYC...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back