• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI Pilots-SWA Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, great logic. Might as well throw it ALL away then and never combine the lists - which is what will probably happen if you can't come to an agreement.

Bob,

You don't seem to have bothered to read any of the applicable law, or either unions' CBA, and you don't work for either carrier, so why the obsession with posting your uninformed nonsense on this subject?

Really, you remind me more of a Pilot-stalking Flight Attendant than a person with anything useful to add to the dialog.

So Ty, you would rather have seniority at AAI then come over to SWA.

Can't blame you, senority is everything. Money is a distant second ot third right?

I wonder how many of your peers agree.

You paint a very scary picture of AAI pilots.

So Ty, you would rather have seniority at AAI then come over to SWA.

What a stupid question. It depends on where I would end up at SWA.

Can't blame you, senority is everything. Money is a distant second ot third right?
Yes, seniority definitely trumps money. Seniority brings money, schedule and QOL. Money is a very distant second.

I wonder how many of your peers agree.

You paint a very scary picture of AAI pilots.
I kept my first wife, and I bought my house(s) at the right time, and we make plenty of money outside of aviation. The difference in money between SWA and AAI isn't going to change my life, but being back on reserve and/or being forced to commute 2 legs to get to OAK sure might.

I'm not painting pictures or speaking for my peers. I'm speaking for me. Who are you speaking for? What do you care? Sounds like money is the most important thing to you. Enjoy it.

Last edited:
Ty-

With your attitude, I hope you have the opportunity to keep your precious AAI seniority at your AAI pay rates for a very long time. I know that is the most important thing for you.

I'm sure your union brothers would agree, I know mine wouldn't mind very much at all.

Also hope you make it back to the line soon.

BD32

The difference in money between SWA and AAI isn't going to change my life, but being back on reserve and/or being forced to commute 2 legs to get to OAK sure might.

I'm not painting pictures or speaking for my peers. I'm speaking for me.

Well this pretty much sums it up. For him, it's all about ME ME ME MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Unfortunately this industry has always had a small group of these types of guys. All about them and they are willing to cross any line to get what's best for themselves.

Good luck with this guy. I'm sure he's no fun to work with and now I can see why he NEEDS his left seat.

Yikes. Could his post clear this up any better about this dude?

wow, nice reply ty-

I care because I really, Really enjoy my occupation and the peers I fly with.

I am simply very afraid that with your attitude and I'm afraid others like it, you have the potential, like cancer, to destroy the very reason I chose to come to SWA over other opportunities that paid much more. It's not only about the money. How can I explain concepts like 'culture' to you?

This is why I care. And this is why I am worried. I am trying to stay optimistic but your attitude makes that difficult.

And I believe that I DO speak for my peers. I care about them, even my 24 new brothers. I guess you care about you, and only you.

Good luck Ty.

BD32

wow, nice reply ty-

I care because I really, Really enjoy my occupation and the peers I fly with.

I am simply very afraid that with your attitude and I'm afraid others like it, you have the potential, like cancer, to destroy the very reason I chose to come to SWA over other opportunities that paid much more. It's not only about the money. How can I explain concepts like 'culture' to you?

This is why I care. And this is why I am worried. I am trying to stay optimistic but your attitude makes that difficult.

And I believe that I DO speak for my peers. I care about them, even my 24 new brothers. I guess you care about you, and only you.

Good luck Ty.

BD32

Don't worry, I can guarantee that although we have an abusive father, my AirTran family is truly a pleasure to work with. We work hard, are professional, and have fun. We take pride in our work and accomplishments even though we don't receive the same level of respect from MCO. I think you will be happy with your new stepbrothers and stepsisters.

I just play defense, that's it.

If you feel an overpowering need to be obnoxious and start talking garbage about "stapling", or "what does AirTran really bring?" or "Those awful AirTran people will stink up our culture" or any one of a half-dozen other manufactured provocations, you will get a smack-down from me.

And then, sure as hell, you'll be back here, all frothy and gasping with self-righteous indignation about my "attitude", my "selfishness", or my "greed" and completely clueless as to who actually kicked over the ******************** bucket to start with.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back