AAI Pilots-SWA Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just play defense, that's it.

Yes, if you start some crap, you will likely get a response from me.

If you feel an overpowering need to be obnoxious and start talking garbage about "stapling", or "what does AirTran really bring?" or "Those awful AirTran people will stink up our culture" or any one of a half-dozen other provocations, you will get a smack-down from me.

And then, sure as hell, you'll be back here, gasping with self-righteous indignation about my "attitude", my "selfishness", or my "greed" and completely clueless as to who actually kicked over the ******************** bucket to start with.

I couldn't have said that any better myself.

I just play defense, that's it.

You sure do know how to make "defense" offensive.

You are in no position to describe anyone else's behavior as "obnoxious".

Last edited:
For all the reasonable people at AAI, don't worry and know that next year you will have a very different x-mas. SWAPA actually supports SWA and SWA very much wants this to happen. SWA is an incredible place to work (great work rules and GREAT pay). The silent majority of pilots at SWA are looking forward to getting this SLI behind us and working with the new SWA guys. Once we get all this behind us we can move on and finish our domestic domination plan (we'll brief you on the first day of class). Stay optomistic and sounds like we'll be working together sooner rather than later.

For all the reasonable people at AAI, don't worry and know that next year you will have a very different x-mas. SWAPA actually supports SWA and SWA very much wants this to happen. SWA is an incredible place to work (great work rules and GREAT pay). The silent majority of pilots at SWA are looking forward to getting this SLI behind us and working with the new SWA guys. Once we get all this behind us we can move on and finish our domestic domination plan (we'll brief you on the first day of class). Stay optomistic and sounds like we'll be working together sooner rather than later.

I completely agree.

We were riding a Hotel van a few weeks ago. There were two senior SWA F.O's on the van with us. They introduced themselves and conveyed exactly the same sentiments. Seemed like great guys who wanted to get this over with and look forward.

It was a funny van ride. The DAL based pilot drawled; "I haven't seen my wife since March. I'm going home, and I'm going hunting" ! It cracked me up.

Cheers.

Ladies and gentalmen.... Please, as a reminder, this discussion is getting right on the edge of the violations cliff.. reported posts are flowing in, creative swearing has been deleted.. and the tone is getting pretty chippy..

I understand this is a hot topic and emotions are flying.. so I ask you all nicely to please step back from your keyboard, and moderate your wording to stay within the bounds of the terms of serivice and """"civility"""" flamming each other belongs in the non-aviation chat section, if at all...

I am trying real hard to be as liberal as possible and not start suspending this early in the new year... THIS IS THE ONLY WARNING WE ARE PROVIDING YOU... Pm's will not be sent for these violations, just 10 days off then more as required..

thanks for participating in Flight Info... Moderator, clr4...

Joining the thread so I know exactly where to mouth off next time I need to focus on a 10 project around the house.....:laugh:

The problem is that hourly pay rates change from contract to contract, Seniority does not.

SWA may be at the top, pay-wise right now, but that can change . . . .if it does, there is not an adjustment that can "give back" seniority that was given up when SWA was at the top of the pay scales.

Two things Ty,
First, our pay does change from contract to contract...it goes up.

Second, while there is no gaurantee that SWA will always be the top pay-wise I don't think anyone will argue that a career at SWA will ALWAYS pay significantly more than a job at AAI.

Two things Ty,
First, our pay does change from contract to contract...it goes up.

Second, while there is no gaurantee that SWA will always be the top pay-wise I don't think anyone will argue that a career at SWA will ALWAYS pay significantly more than a job at AAI.

This same post could have come from a United pilot to his buddy at SWA in early 2001.

And before I get misunderstood, no, I don't think there is any similarity between SWA and UAL 2001, I'm just saying that this is the Airline Industry, and wacky things happen over the decades, folks.

The Southwest contract is actualized, it is todays reality. It is not the best overall, but it is pretty good in comparision to others. Airtran pilots just locked in a contract that is fractionally lower in many areas. This is another reality in contrast, it is an acutalization. The facts show... blah blah blah, There is a million plus dollar gap, I prefer being at SWA then being anywhere on the Airtran pilot list.

Hey Bluebound,

I completely agree with you. Great post.

Looking forward to flying and drinking with you all. No matter what seat and no matter what the circumstances.

I think the future is bright.

Cheers.

Latest resources

Back