• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI Pilots-SWA Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I always wanted to work for a company with poor employee relations and a terrible contract! Better yet, I finally get to pay dues to ALPA after 5700 SWA pilots vote to oust SWAPA. Maybe I could be the first SWA pilot to actually quit and put an app into AAI! Sarcasm off...
Dolce

PHEW!!!!, you had me for a minute! Thanks for putting that sarcasm disclaimer at the end of your post, I almost thought you were really serious!

Last edited:
I think the point isn't the names, of the people on the list.. The question that is being asked is this: How many pilots at SWA currently have, or have had apps in at AAI.. Answer.. probably 0.

How many AAI guys have had recent apps in at SWA? Who knows.. more than 0..

I think the point is, there is no point. You might as well gather statistics on race, gender or religion and try and hand that to the arbitrator too. I for one encourage you to do so, just let me know so I can bring the popcorn to watch his reaction.

Last edited:
KP,

The arbitrators (IF it goes to arbitration) will take a look at everything and quite possibly the SWA lawyers may be able to demonstrate that the SWA career was valued by AAI employees before the acquisition, will this help in any arbitrated SLI who knows???

Be excited about working for a great company, if everyone walks away a little pissed off (vs segments that are VERY pissed off) SWA may remain a great place to work...

I think the point isn't the names, of the people on the list.. The question that is being asked is this: How many pilots at SWA currently have, or have had apps in at AAI.. Answer.. probably 0.

How many AAI guys have had recent apps in at SWA? Who knows.. more than 0..

The logic works for me. This could be a very strong argument to place in front of an arbitrator when arguing career expectation.

No dog in fight, just liked your logic.

You can't quantify value of things that are not tangible like "career expectations." You can however show "value" by demonstrating which airline is considered more valuable among industry peers. A huge list of guys willing to jumpship at AirTran, leave seniority behind, and start over at the bottom will go along way in proving which group of Airline Pilots had a better "career expectation."

Bill, it's a no-brainer. My opinion is that most of the aai pilots are reasonable, and that will be reflected (hopefully) by the aai mec reaching an agreement with snapa in the next 3 months. If I had a 100% pay raise on the table as an fo, or a $50/hr raise as a captain, I'd be kicking down the door to get it. I mean, c'mon, $5k/month minimum average raise?

Bill, it's a no-brainer. My opinion is that most of the aai pilots are reasonable, and that will be reflected (hopefully) by the aai mec reaching an agreement with snapa in the next 3 months. If I had a 100% pay raise on the table as an fo, or a $50/hr raise as a captain, I'd be kicking down the door to get it. I mean, c'mon, $5k/month minimum average raise?

Actually the raise is about $7000/ month. Total compensation.

But using your numbers, it's only a $60.000 average raise. ( $84,000 using my numbers)

And you still think you're getting screwed? Let those numbers sink in for a while.

If I had a 100% pay raise on the table as an fo, or a $50/hr raise as a captain, I'd be kicking down the door to get it. I mean, c'mon, $5k/month minimum average raise?

The problem is that hourly pay rates change from contract to contract, Seniority does not.

SWA may be at the top, pay-wise right now, but that can change . . . .if it does, there is not an adjustment that can "give back" seniority that was given up when SWA was at the top of the pay scales.

The problem is that hourly pay rates change from contract to contract, Seniority does not.

SWA may be at the top, pay-wise right now, but that can change . . . .if it does, there is not an adjustment that can "give back" seniority that was given up when SWA was at the top of the pay scales.

Wow, great logic. Might as well throw it ALL away then and never combine the lists - which is what will probably happen if you can't come to an agreement.

Latest resources

Back