• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI Pilots Expectations for January 2015

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I took myself? That is hallarious!!! I don't recall being asked about taking on 1700 pilots then dumping most of their seats. I was asked to vote on a deal that was cooked up by SWAPA and GK. Guess what? It stunk to high heaven!!!

As far as where to go from here, I guess I will have to wait and see what happens when I wake up tomorrow. I go to work, smile, and do the best I can. That is all any of us control!!

I go to work, smile, and do the best I can. That is all any of us control!!

Nah, we control more than that. Just took a nice morning ride on my motorcycle and now I'm going to throw down on a serious leaf blower at Lowes. Tired of my little electric number, going gas.

The watershead year will be pretty obvious in 2015 especially if you've run the math post integration. I know what AAI paid before during and after acquisition announcement, and I know as well as you do what you got in real dollars from SIA and what you'll get as a RSW pilot post 2015. Certainly won't be a loss in pay but go ahead and keep trying to sell that line.

I am so sick of people spewing this BS. The payrates we have today are the same as what was negotiated in the 2007 TA that we turned down. Southwest did not walk in and give us anything more than what we had already negotiated long ago. Did they force our management to speed up the process? Sure. But SWA didn't give us anything. So please stop proclaiming things that you know nothing about.

The payrates we have today are the same as what was negotiated in the 2007 TA that we turned down.

You guys have a history of voting in things you don't like, just sayin'. :confused:

Ok I'll bite. I'm an FO in the pack of FOs at the bottom. I have a 717 TBA award. What happens to me? I'm junior and will be one of the last to go.

I picture:
1. Some confusion when my Flica log in doesn't work so I can't check the reserve bucket.
2. A call from scheduling telling me to be at the airport in two hours for a three month pairing. (Slight excitement because that per diem will be my first pay change in 4 years.)
3. Embarrassment when I raise my hand in class because payroll added an extra couple grand to my check. SWA IT sucks someone should fix this! (My MEC speaks for me!)
4. Break time and the 12 die hard, angry, senior captains in class start discussing the pay cut and pending divorce. I remind them that seniority is everything and they should go to Delta because it is better to die on your feet than live on your knees!
5. Some convoluted base bid in which I get my last choice.
6. 30 years of speaking in slogans. I luv it here, share the luv, Jim you owned that landing, did you see that own it moment by the FA.

Seriously what happens to me in 2015?

However, maybe I gave most of you more credit than you deserve. PCL's, Ty Webb's and Lear 70's lack of interest certainly belies that thinking.

Sorry, Roomwithaview, but I can't bring myself to feel anything for SWA other than a lack of interest.

Ok I'll bite. I'm an FO in the pack of FOs at the bottom. I have a 717 TBA award. What happens to me? I'm junior and will be one of the last to go.

I picture:
1. Some confusion when my Flica log in doesn't work so I can't check the reserve bucket.
2. A call from scheduling telling me to be at the airport in two hours for a three month pairing. (Slight excitement because that per diem will be my first pay change in 4 years.)
3. Embarrassment when I raise my hand in class because payroll added an extra couple grand to my check. SWA IT sucks someone should fix this! (My MEC speaks for me!)
4. Break time and the 12 die hard, angry, senior captains in class start discussing the pay cut and pending divorce. I remind them that seniority is everything and they should go to Delta because it is better to die on your feet than live on your knees!
5. Some convoluted base bid in which I get my last choice.
6. 30 years of speaking in slogans. I luv it here, share the luv, Jim you owned that landing, did you see that own it moment by the FA.

Seriously what happens to me in 2015?
Well at least you've got a good sense of humor because that was funny!

New leaf blower is awesome. Pleased with my decision to go all gas powered with the lawn implements. Finishing first Shiner as the chicken is coming off the grill.

AirTran Pilots on September 26, 2010:

- When is the next picketing event?
- Still working under Contract 2001.
- We hate our management
- Fornaro always screwed up our fuel hedging
- Fornaro screwed up AirTran in 2008 and sold or deferred 40 aircraft
- reserves worked 20 days a month
- scheduling would never allow a vertical trade due to low reserves
- SAP 1/2 suck

AirTran Pilots on September 28, 2010:

- We work for the best, fastest growing airline in the world
- We had the most stable job outlook in the airline industry
- We love our management
- I knew AirTran would be the place to be 15 years ago
- We were only 2 contracts away from making SWA pay rates

I have never seen a bigger bunch of flip floppers in my life.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back