• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI Pilots Expectations for January 2015

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just checked out this thread and from what I can see you've got lance Captains with 5 dollar foot longs talking about the other guys speedos.....you guys are starting to worry me.

I think the rules are spelled out and I'm surprised you guys aren't more optimistic about the future. I guess that's why I'm a little confused about the lack of desire to focus on the future instead of the past.

I see 2015 as a watershed year for former AAI pilots and DFR has nothing to do with it.

However, maybe I gave most of you more credit than you deserve. PCL's, Ty Webb's and Lear 70's lack of interest certainly belies that thinking.

What rules are spelled out for us. Since you know how this is going down please tell me when I will transition and what base I will hold. I was awarded SWA 717 FO TBA. I will be more optimistic when my QOL and paycheck stops decreasing. I am working more days for less credit and will be for another 1.5 years approx. Please describe this watershed year to us intellectually challenged AAI guys. You come on here and ask questions then hurl insults when you don't like the answers. I just hope your cheese gets moved as much as ours does. Maybe then you will understand our cynicism.

Hey room, you are being quite the tool!!! No one knows what 2015 will look like. I am a SWA guy and things look pretty stale to me till about 2018!! Optimism??? Or did you mean to say more hollow growth promises from management? You go ahead and keep running your stick down the fence line and pretend you are trying to start good dialogue.

You all are wrapped pretty tight. I guess the only way to start a discussion of FLIFO is to piss people off. That wasn't my intention.

I see that in 2015 you'll no longer be held back with your artificial SWA seniority.

What rules are spelled out for us.
The rules of your SIA, our CBA and our SL-10. It's all there for you to read. I know how our sides trying to interpret it. I was wondering how y'all were interpreting it.

Since you know how this is going down please tell me when I will transition and what base I will hold. I was awarded SWA 717 FO TBA.
Shoot me your SWA employee number and I'll be glad to give you my best guess.

I will be more optimistic when my QOL and paycheck stops decreasing. I am working more days for less credit and will be for another 1.5 years approx.
I guess you'll have to be more specific on that one. I find it hard to believe you're on our side of the fence making less but if you say so back it up with some real numbers instead of a bunch of flfo bluster.

Please describe this watershed year to us intellectually challenged AAI guys. You come on here and ask questions then hurl insults when you don't like the answers. I just hope your cheese gets moved as much as ours does. Maybe then you will understand our cynicism.
The watershead year will be pretty obvious in 2015 especially if you've run the math post integration. I know what AAI paid before during and after acquisition announcement, and I know as well as you do what you got in real dollars from SIA and what you'll get as a RSW pilot post 2015. Certainly won't be a loss in pay but go ahead and keep trying to sell that line.

My discussion was an attempt to find out where SENIORITY would shake out post 2015. Not to incite a riot and I thought I made that clear.

flyindriver
Hey room, you are being quite the tool!!! No one knows what 2015 will look like. I am a SWA guy and things look pretty stale to me till about 2018!! Optimism??? Or did you mean to say more hollow growth promises from management? You go ahead and keep running your stick down the fence line and pretend you are trying to start good dialogue.
I feel your pain flyindriver. Unfortunately that ship sailed with over 80% of both pilot groups agreeing to the agreement. I voted NO. So take that FWIW. How did you vote?

How I voted is irrelevant to the fact that SWA bought an airline then dumped deatinations and 2/3rds of their planes!!! They were not ready to "senergize" and they had no clue or did not care about the employees of either airline. Those are the facts. We will be overmanned for the next 4 years. That my friend equals pay cuts in my book. So what was your question again?

How you voted....

....is totally relevant my friend as you are witnessing.

Dumping planes? Yep. Might have been a good idea to consider that prior to a vote. Dumping destinations? You didn't think that was going to happen?

What's my question? It was pretty simple and clear and I'm getting a little tired of repeating it but here goes:

AAI Pilots Expectations for January 2015
The votes are over and come 2015 we'll all be one big happy dysfunctional family. Like every other merged airline.

I think one of the things the company has capitalized on is doing what they do best. Divide and conquer. Here's my olive branch.

swapa's not giving us much information on expectations for the the future. Nothing really new there. I'm sure they're giving you even less.

What I'm interested in is how y'all (transitioned pilots) envision you'll be exercising the full potential of your seniority come 2015.

I'm seriously not trying to start another swapa/alpa war, there's enough of those on here. I just want to know where y'all envision the layout of the Captain/FO list is going to be post 2015.

Pretty important stuff for many on our MSL.

thanks,

RAV

Btw I just love when people toss around that magic 80% number. When you truly understand that vote, you will see how screwed up the whole process was on both sides.

I considered every possibility and voted accordingly. FWIW, a yes or no vote would not have changed a thing, just the structure of the list.

Flyinguy

I considered every possibility and voted accordingly.
Then don't bitch if you're unhappy with the results. You are right where you took yourself.

Now, let's move forward and figure out where to go from here.

Latest resources

Back