AAI Pilots Expectations for January 2015

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Roomwithaview

The votes are over and come 2015 we'll all be one big happy dysfunctional family. Like every other merged airline.

I think one of the things the company has capitalized on is doing what they do best. Divide and conquer. Here's my olive branch.

swapa's not giving us much information on expectations for the the future. Nothing really new there. I'm sure they're giving you even less.

What I'm interested in is how y'all (transitioned pilots) envision you'll be exercising the full potential of your seniority come 2015.

I'm seriously not trying to start another swapa/alpa war, there's enough of those on here. I just want to know where y'all envision the layout of the Captain/FO list is going to be post 2015.

Pretty important stuff for many on our MSL.

thanks,

RAV

2015 is an arbitrary number that means nothing. There are MOUs that will prevent any AT pilots from bidding captain unless SWA adds a significant amount of airframes. We will be super senior FO's for many years and our junior pilots will be junior and middle of the road FO's for 15-22 years. That's my understanding of how this thing shakes out. Live your life. Adapt to the new situation or choose a new path.

If there is a positive vacancy in any SWA domicile a FAT can bid CP post 01/15, If his/her seniority can hold it...their off to training, displacing a RSW pilot as was negotiated and voted on... Move along..

Jack
thanks for the replies on the swa side as well. I agree with your assertion but the individuals I've spoken to in swapa have tried to state more along the lines of what humv stated which is why I wanted to get info from the AAI side to see what their MEC is telling them.

If there is a positive vacancy in any SWA domicile a FAT can bid CP post 01/15, If his/her seniority can hold it...their off to training, displacing a RSW pilot as was negotiated and voted on... Move along..

Incorrect. There must be a system wide net gain in captain seats for a new upgrade to occur. No one can upgrade and displace someone to the right seat.

If I was an AirTran pilot my expectations would be a job infinitely better than what I had and would gladly sit in the back with a nice warm cup of STFU.

Skyboy722

Incorrect. There must be a system wide net gain in captain seats for a new upgrade to occur. No one can upgrade and displace someone to the right seat.
I hear you. Are you at SWA? The reason I ask is because the Vacancies are always system wide. The fly in the ointment now is that after 2015 there will be several pilots who have not been able to exercise the full potential of their system wide seniority.

Consider a zero sum game in vacancies but the usual plus captains/fos here and minus captains/fos there. Where is the language that now prevents a former airtran guy whose been held back until now from moving into that spot in that base where they are increasing captains?

The vacancy bids have always looked at global seniority and they will now as well.

AAI guys? What say y'all?

I hear you. Are you at SWA? The reason I ask is because the Vacancies are always system wide. The fly in the ointment now is that after 2015 there will be several pilots who have not been able to exercise the full potential of their system wide seniority.

Consider a zero sum game in vacancies but the usual plus captains/fos here and minus captains/fos there. Where is the language that now prevents a former airtran guy whose been held back until now from moving into that spot in that base where they are increasing captains?

The vacancy bids have always looked at global seniority and they will now as well.

AAI guys? What say y'all?

Lets say that system wide, there is a net of 0 captain vacancies, but DAL is -2 and Oak is +2. If no existing captain bids into those two OAK spots, then 2 captains will be displaced from DAL out to OAK to fill those spots, even if there are FOs senior to them who bid OAK captain. The reason being, if senior FOs bid into the OAK captain slots, then those two DAL captains would be downgraded to FO, and THAT is what is prohibited by the contract.

Latest resources

Back