• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI offer extended (again)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We already have a contract. Might have a TA by the end of next week.
Here's a timeline and sequence of events.

June 1, 2007: Company and NPA negotiating commitee wrap up negotiations and TA the biggest piece of sh!t TA to ever come down the pike ever since Wilbur Wright talked Orville into giving up his dream of topless coast to coast steak houses and just concentrate on the airplane.

June 2: The afformentioned piece of sh!t TA is taken under armed gaurds and dogs to the NPA offices in ATL where it is reviewed by the entired NPA BOD. The NPA bod doesn't realize that this is a piece of sh!t because they are just as far out the the loop as the negotiating chairman. They think "whew, this is great and it only took us three years of negotiating to get it. send it out to the rank and file. They'll love it. after all it only takes 51% to ratify this piece of sh!t into a greater pile of sh!t. We will have a new contract and we will all look like heros. They will create giant busts of our faces and place them along Virginia Ave."

June 3rd. The piece of sh!t TA is made into 2000 copies and distributed to the rank and file. The airtran pilots are just glad to get something that they quickly go section 4 (compensation) and read over it carefully, forgetting that there are other sections. Some airtran pilots (like myself) will stand on their soapboxes in the crew room and yell at the top of their lungs (or at least as much as I can yell, for you see I smoke) NO!!! NO!!!! NO!!! don't do it.... read over the entire contract. don't just go to section 4.. read the whole thing. What do you mean 100 seat regional jets. what do you mean 13 hour duty day, what do you mean outsourcing..... just say NO!.

June 5: The NPA will put on a dog and pony show and reveal only what they want us to see. They will use powerpoint presentations and lases pointers. They will say," see, we got you 5 hours a month sick time." "see we got you 22 hours vacation." "see we got you hookers on layovers, (actually lets think about that one for a second)...thats what they'll say.
And when we, those on our soap boxes, start asking questions, they will deflect them, they will defer them, they will shelve them, because we have to vote.

June 7. The airtran pilots will prove to be too smart for the NPA BOD. They will band together as one and vote a resounding NNNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!.
the piece of sh!t TA will fail. It will fail big. It will fail misserabily. It will fail by 99.9% ( yeah I wish). We will scream, SEND IT BACK!!!!!.

June 8 The NPA BOD will all resign in disgrace (2nd time thats happened). Some will fall onto their swords whilst others will run into the woods (college park). Bands of airtran pilot possee's will seek them down. They will all be found. They will be bound and brought forth to the entire airtran pilot complement to stand before us and face the music. They will be dealt with swiftly and harshly, under gate C17. (except RD, I like him).

June 10. In all the confusion over the part few days, the negotiating chairman will seek to get requalified on 717. He will forget where everything is and even though he will have a "how to fly" manual at his side, he will crash the sim. However since he hasn't flown in so long, he won't be able to tell that it is a sim and think that he is really dead. He will then go home never to be heard from again.

July 1: There will be a whole new NPA BOD elected. The new administration will select a whole new group of unqualified negotiators to go down to the Reichstag and start all over. The company will get an even further extention to our current contract and the whole thing will start all over.

Thats just about how it will play out.

(you know I wasn't going to post this but I spent so long typing it out I figured what the hell.)

Speaking of which, I just overheard 2 senior check airman on the bus talking how they are on the first page of seniority list and that they don't give a damn about the rest of pilots and just wanna sign up for the same contract we have now for next 4 years.
really hope they are a minority.

I think I flew with one of those guys. Happy as pigs in mud and don't want to disturb their perception of the gravy train...just a few more dollars an hour and it will be all good.

June 8 The NPA BOD will all resign in disgrace (2nd time thats happened). Some will fall onto their swords whilst others will run into the woods (college park). Bands of airtran pilot possee's will seek them down. They will all be found. They will be bound and brought forth to the entire airtran pilot complement to stand before us and face the music. They will be dealt with swiftly and harshly, under gate C17. (except RD, I like him).

You had me at hookers but I like this part a lot!

Hey guys, please excuse my ignorance in the matter, but have few questions:

- Do you get paid for canceled flights?

- Do you get paid scheduled or Actual?

We already have a contract. Might have a TA by the end of next week.
Here's a timeline and sequence of events.

. .. . . . . . . . . Thats just about how it will play out.

(you know I wasn't going to post this but I spent so long typing it out I figured what the hell.)

You sir, you are killing me . . . . . . :eek: :laugh: :D :)

Hey guys, please excuse my ignorance in the matter, but have few questions:

- Do you get paid for canceled flights?

Of course . . . .

- Do you get paid scheduled or Actual?

Geez, Man, what do you think we are?

We get paid from "Main cabin door closed" to "main cabin door open" . . . . scheduled or actual, whichever is higher. 100% deadhead pay, etc., etc. Daily rig is 4 hours (soon to be more!). I generally fly 750ish and get paid a little over 1000 hrs of credit, but I am one of the lazier guys here . . . . .

I thought so, thanks guys, there have been few rumors floating around here in the crew lounge and wanted to know for sure.

Latest resources

Back