• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI offer extended (again)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General.. Your close, but I believe there is around 45 737's online right now. The original order was for a total of 100 A/C, of which AAI has sold 2 build slots.. So, that leaves 53 airplanes to come, not 80.. However, rumor is AAI is talking to Boeing for more 737's...

Midwest Air Group Comments on Results of AirTran's Unsolicited Exchange OfferMILWAUKEE, May 17, 2007 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ --
Midwest Air Group, Inc. (Amex: MEH), parent company of Midwest Airlines, today responded to the announcement by AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI) of the preliminary results of its unsolicited exchange offer, which expired yesterday and was extended until June 8. "Nothing has changed as far as control of Midwest Air Group is concerned; no shares have been purchased by AirTran," said Carol N. Skornicka, senior vice president, general counsel and secretary. "The exchange offer is subject to numerous conditions. Regardless of the number of shares tendered, AirTran would not purchase shares unless those conditions are waived or are satisfied."
Skornicka explained that several significant actions would have to be taken by the Midwest Board of Directors for those conditions to be satisfied, including waiving the provisions of Wisconsin law that protect Wisconsin corporations from hostile takeovers. "The board has declined to take action to satisfy any of the conditions," she pointed out. "While other scenarios are theoretically possible, as a practical matter, board approval would be required for AirTran to accomplish its goal of acquiring our company."
Midwest's board unanimously recommended rejection of AirTran's most recent exchange offer for a number of reasons, including its firm belief that the offer is inadequate and that it does not take into account the long-term value of Midwest's strategic plan.
The company also noted that its annual meeting of shareholders will be held on June 14, 2007, at which time Midwest shareholders will be voting for the election of three directors to the company's board of directors. The Midwest board recommends that shareholders vote for the re-election of three current directors.

as a 73 fo with hopes of being a 73 ca
go ahead... drag it out as long as possible..
and even then, put up a big fence..
gets me closer to upgrade.. or if necessary, closer to finding a better job.
otherwise, this contract better have some serious pay increases for fo's

True Dat!!!

Then ya better start talkin to yer MEC. The union is responsible for ensuring your interests are met, however painful it may be for the Midwest guys. It was the AA pilots union that stuck it to the TWA guys, not AA...and they were only reponding to what their pilots wanted. Mergers suck, and nice guys finish last. (and at the bottom of the list.)

I'm so tired of flying with guys who come from the military or regionals and expect to be a captain right away. Even if the Midwest deal goes through you are still going to get probably the fastest upgrade at a Major in the industry right now. So contract or no contract, you need to ask yourself a question. Do I want to be part of the team or not.

I'm so tired of flying with guys who come from the military or regionals and expect to be a captain right away. Even if the Midwest deal goes through you are still going to get probably the fastest upgrade at a Major in the industry right now. So contract or no contract, you need to ask yourself a question. Do I want to be part of the team or not.
How long were you here before you upgraded? Or had the opportunity to?

I'm sure you would "take one for the team" and give up your seat if a senior Midwest pilot bumbs you down a notch or two.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back