• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI offer extended (again)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Team work... working as a team... not a one sided operation without regard for anyone else's contribution. Management has guided this company through difficult periods and the pilot group has proudly stood by their side and worked to achieve goals and expectations. Team work... a pilot group that approaches management to prevent furloughs. Team work is a pilot group that responds to a failure within scheduling to avoid a potential disaster during the Christmas holiday. Team work...pilots helping out gate agents, rampers, dispatch, scheduling... time and time again. Team work... a pilot group that has repeatedly performed admirably during difficult times. Team work.... a pilot group that consists of a variety of backgrounds and one that has empathy and sympathy. Plenty of furloughed pilots and others from companies that no longer exist for one reason or another.

Reasonable fences to protect the expectations for a member of the pilot group is not unreasonable. Quality of pay raise for the FO's is not unreasonable. Fixing SAP II is not unreasonable. Fixing the languange in the contract is not unreasonable. Expectations are what you showed up at the door of the training center when you accepted the job offer. Plenty of airlines have longer upgrade times. Does not make it right, does not make it wrong. If someone accepts a job offer from Air Tran (today)... their expectations will be different than someone that joined the company 3-5 years ago. What were the expectations of a Midwest pilot that was hired 3-5 years ago versus one that is hired today?

We have a great pilot group and a great product. We have great potential.

Not drinking the kool-aid.... just proud of the pilot group.

I think what BR715 was saying is, when he got hired with AirTran he started at 32.50 an hour just a few years ago. Today's new hires start at around 45 because of efforts of people like BR715 and many others who think this is home and will continue working at improving it. We all know that the reason AirTran has low FO pay is because it's upgrades were about 2 years when that contract was signed. With upgrade times increasing so should and Fo pay. In 6 years I've been here, things have been slowly improving over time...Did you know that our employee buses didn't even have air conditioning in them before? And that's in ATL in mid summer.
Do we bend over backward for this memagment? Absolutely. They are great at getting best deal for the company which is what made AirTran successfull. I just wish they wouldn't apply same to their labor relations. So even though it's not the best place to work for it is getting better and will continue to do so, as long as we are united as a pilot group.

Speaking of which, I just overheard 2 senior check airman on the bus talking how they are on the first page of seniority list and that they don't give a damn about the rest of pilots and just wanna sign up for the same contract we have now for next 4 years.
really hope they are a minority.

Speaking of which, I just overheard 2 senior check airman on the bus talking how they are on the first page of seniority list and that they don't give a damn about the rest of pilots and just wanna sign up for the same contract we have now for next 4 years.
really hope they are a minority.[/quote]

I'm guessing they were part of the special club of pilots from Eastern?

really hope they are a minority.

Name Names

You guys are so sensitive. What I'm saying is in the 80s and early 90s guys who got hired at a legacy would sit in the right seat for 8 or 9 years before they could upgrade. Now guys want to show up on property at a very young airline and expect a Southwest style contract. And if they don't have it they are looking for another airline to go to within 6 months. We all need to keep working for better things. The company needs an east west flow, the union needs a better contract, yada yada yada. It will all come in time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back