• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI offer extended (again)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My buddy who just completed AAI recurrent said that during the union speech,that there is even an idea floating to hire low time @200hour pilots from Embry Riddle.

You guys are so sensitive. What I'm saying is in the 80s and early 90s guys who got hired at a legacy would sit in the right seat for 8 or 9 years before they could upgrade. Now guys want to show up on property at a very young airline and expect a Southwest style contract. And if they don't have it they are looking for another airline to go to within 6 months. We all need to keep working for better things. The company needs an east west flow, the union needs a better contract, yada yada yada. It will all come in time.
In case you haven't been keeping up with current events, it hasn't been the early 90s for like 30 years or something. Again, how long were you here before having the opportunity to upgrade?

You guys are so sensitive. What I'm saying is in the 80s and early 90s guys who got hired at a legacy would sit in the right seat for 8 or 9 years before they could upgrade..

And how far did legacy FO wages go in the 80's and 90's? I am willing to bet a good bit farther than AAI FO wages currently do...........

You guys are so sensitive. What I'm saying is in the 80s and early 90s guys who got hired at a legacy would sit in the right seat for 8 or 9 years before they could upgrade.
In the 80's and early 90's, Legacy F/O's were making $30k 1st year, but then $75-80k 2nd year, $85-90k 3rd year, and could hit 6 figures by year 4 or 5 at many places (not including per diem).

If our pay rates paid that AT GUARANTEE, people might not be so anxious to upgrade and would enjoy the lifestyle of a senior F/O a while longer. (Note, those rates are substantially lower than SWA rates and are unadjusted for inflation of approximately 70% and were BEFORE the huge gains at UAir, UAL, and DAL in the late 90's).

Now guys want to show up on property at a very young airline and expect a Southwest style contract.
Who said that? Who on here said they were looking for Southwest rates and work rules?

Most people have said they wanted double-digit raises (15-20%) Almost half of that (9%) is simply COLA adjustment to put our current rates BACK up to where they should be adjusted for inflation and 3 years of not having a contract raise.

There's no way to completely bridge the gap from current AAI F/O rates to SWA F/O rates; that would be equivalent to a nearly 50% pay increase and no one has even mentioned that.

And if they don't have it they are looking for another airline to go to within 6 months. We all need to keep working for better things. The company needs an east west flow, the union needs a better contract, yada yada yada. It will all come in time.
Actually, I just finished recurrent, too. 4 of our initial 16 are gone, that's 25% attrition. 1 just quit in initial (DAL retiree), 1 went to FDX, one went back to NWA (furloughee), one even went back to ATA (go figure,,, doesn't make sense to me, but, whatever).

Last edited:
My buddy who just completed AAI recurrent said that during the union speech,that there is even an idea floating to hire low time @200hour pilots from Embry Riddle.

This was another brainstorm of KG . . . . it was brought to the attention of upper management by the union. It will not be happening.

This was another brainstorm of KG . . . . it was brought to the attention of upper management by the union. It will not be happening.

Come on Ty...dont' you wanna learn something from all those 200 hour superpilots???

Come on Ty...dont' you wanna learn something from all those 200 hour superpilots???

it would be interesting to pair the "i'm just gonna monitor you a couple of times" captain with the superpilots..........

Yeah, like which Oakleys go best with my new backpack!

it would be interesting to pair the "i'm just gonna monitor you a couple of times" captain with the superpilots..........

Ha-ha . . . I just flashed back to my 717 FO days . . . . I think the only Capt that I ever heard say that accidentally retracted the slats when I called for "Flaps Up". . . . probably too busy "monitoring" me!

.:rolleyes:

looks like a couple of more sections TA'd this week. I heard only compensation and scope/merger need to be finished. May have a contract by the end of next week,maybe sooner.

Latest resources

Back